POSITION OVERVIEW: Certified peer navigators are individuals who use their experience of recovery from mental health disorders to support others in the early or later stages of their recovery process.
Combined with skills learned in a formal certification training, their experience and knowledge of community resources puts them in a unique position to offer support.
REPORTS TO: Project Director
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage adults receiving services at ZSFGH-Psychiatric Emergency Services and introduce availability of residential and day guest services at Hummingbird Place Psychiatric Respite Program.
- Provide culturally competent and consumer driven social support to reduce emotional health stressors and stigma.
- Participate in the discharge plan from PES and admission plan to Hummingbird Place.
- Provide warm hand off escort from PES to Hummingbird Place.
- Document any necessary information into Hummingbird Place chart.
- Provide ongoing peer support to clients at Hummingbird Place and work as part of the treatment team in coordinating linkage to community resources if necessary, including healthcare and housing services.
- Must be able to navigate several flights of stairs many times daily.
- Must be able to do extensive charting and documentation.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Responsible to physically respond to client needs in the event of a crisis.
- High School or GED
- Completion of a mental health, peer counselor certificate program.
- At least 3-5 years of direct personal lived experience with the SF behavioral health system
- Two years of peer counseling, particularly working with diverse populations and individuals in psychiatric crisis
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively, function independently, and interact professionally with a diverse, multi-cultural, and interdisciplinary staff of all levels.
Program leadership will provide Residential Counselors with individualized supervision and in-service training.
Supervision hours toward licensure with the Board of Behavioral Sciences available for MFTi/ASW.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long term and Short Term disability, Flexible Spending, Employee Assistance Program, Employer Sponsored Retirement Plan, Generous Paid Time Off.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified. Baker Places, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please e-mail or fax your resume and cover letter (fax 415-581-0797). If sending your resume/cover letter via email, please send it as a Microsoft Word document or in PDF form Attn: Erica Jankoksy