***PLEASE NOTE THESE POSITIONS ARE LOCATED IN SAN FRANCISCO***
PRC Baker Places
Please visit us at: https://prcsf.org/
Relief Nurse (LVN or LPT)
DAY SHIFTS = 7:00AM TO 7:30PM
OVERNIGHT SHIFTS = 7:00PM TO 7:30AM
The Staff Nurse provides professional nursing care in a substance abuse program serving primarily homeless adults who need public health-supported residential services to detoxify from substances of abuse. Our program provides 24-hour care, medically supported detoxification services, observation, assessment, treatment, and referral during a stay of 7-21 days.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor, assess and document changes in client condition.
- Conduct individual and group health educational sessions.
- Administer medications and provide basic wound care management and other various treatments associated with our population.
- Excellent document of patient care information and clinical interventions.
- Assesses nutritional needs and ensure that diet is appropriate.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Possess valid California Vocational Nursing License or California Psychiatric Technician License.
- Must have at least six months work experience (separate from clinical hours related to school) in medical surgical, acute care, sub-acute care, skilled nursing, psychiatric or community health.
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity working with a culturally diverse population.
- Current Level B CPR License required.
- Self-directed and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to fluently speak, read, write and understand English.
- Experience with substance abuse/detox preferred.
In addition to the Minimum Qualifications: Candidates will need to be familiar with:
- Lab Values
- Seizure Management
Strongly encourage SPANISH speaking/reading candidates to apply.
Please send your resume and cover letter via email. Please send it as a Microsoft Word document or in PDF form.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. WE VALUE DIVERSITY!