POSITION OVERVIEW: The Assistant Program Director supervises staff and manages the flow of clients into and out of an adult residential treatment program. Our client population consists of previously homeless adults with mental health, substance abuse and HIV/AIDS related issues.
REPORTS TO: Program Director
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Deliver high quality clinical and rehabilitative services to previously homeless clients with substance abuse, psychiatric diagnosis, and HIV-related issues.
2. Must be able to perform duties and train staff in all aspects of Residential /Relief Counselor positions as follows:
A. Perform intake interviews and assist with client treatment plan development, implementation and discharge planning.
B. Assess the clinical needs of resident clients.
C. Evaluate clients for potential crisis situations and determine appropriate intervention and management.
D. Conduct individual and group counseling sessions as assigned.
E. Monitor and document clients’ progress toward achievement of individual goals.
F. Record clinical notes and hourly rounds to meet Medi-Cal standards and licensure requirements.
G. Act as a role model - guiding clients and facilitating appropriate behavior about daily living skills, self-care, personal interaction, social relationships and constructive time management.
H. Ensure that clients are linked with a primary care provider and assist with identifying and accessing community resources.
I. Participate in staff and shift change meetings.
3. Develops and maintains good working relationship with client referral sources and other related mental health, substance abuse and community service programs.
4. Review for accuracy all client records and charts to ensure compliance with agency, Medi-Cal standards and licensure requirements.
5. Set-up and coordinate staff work schedules.
6. Coordinate the collection of client census data and reports as required.
7. Responsible for overall management of residential household, maintaining a clean, pleasant environment that is in compliance with licensure standards.
8. Assist clients with self-administered prescribed medications.
9. Assists in the maintenance of accurate client fee records and collection.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must be able to navigate several flights of stairs many times a day.
2. Must be able to do extensive charting and documentation.
3. Must be able to carry a regular size grocery bag from the car into the house.
1. Must be a certified or registered Substance Use Disorder Counselor with CCAPP or CADPT -or- ACSW or AMFT with the BBS. (Only required for Joe Healy Detox, Acceptance Place or Ferguson Place locations)
2. Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with adult population with mental health/substance abuse/HIV-AIDS.
3. Must have one (1) year work experience providing leadership, supervision, and training staff.
4. Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, clients and other providers both orally and in writing.
5. Must have strong clinical assessment skills, attention to detail, and solid administrative follow-through.
San Jose Place is a 11 bed licensed, transitional residential treatment program with a day treatment component focusing on adults who have been diagnosed with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS - Include medical, dental, vision, Life/AD&D, flexible spending account, employer funded 403(b) retirement plan, ample paid time off. Supervision hours toward licensure with the Board of Behavioral Sciences available for ASW/MFTi.
Candidates who are proficient in reading and writing Spanish are encouraged to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Baker Places, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please e-mail or fax your resume and cover letter (fax 415-581-0797). If sending your resume/cover letter via email, please send it as a Microsoft Word document or in PDF form Attn: Erica Jankoksy