The Sylvan Learning Center in Encinitas is seeking Part-Time Reading/ Writing / Math K-8 Instructors to provide personalized instruction to elementary, and middle school students.
As a successful Instructor, you will:
Deliver Quality Education:
- Teach using Sylvan based programs
- Provide individualized instruction to help students complete school assignments.
- Use manipulative and technology to teach and reinforce concepts
- Supervise, interact with and motivate students during instruction hour
- Reward students for completed assignments
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Communicate student needs to the center manager
- Develop rapport with students
- Establishes a fun learning environment
- Inspire students to work toward comprehensive reading and fluent writing skills
- Encourage a positive attitude toward reading, writing and math.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for reading, writing, math, and Sylvan
1. Teaching credential is preferred but not required. Retired teachers are welcome.
2. Mid-afternoon to evening hours available are needed for weekday and/or weekend.
3. Work with maximum of three students using prepared lesson plans or homework tutoring.
4. An enthusiastic approach to teaching.
5. Bachelor's Degree is required.
Job Type: Part-time