Software Airworthiness Engineer
PPT Solutions, Inc. Huntsville, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
PPT is seeking a Software Airworthiness Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama. The Software Airworthiness Engineer will perform software airworthiness analysis activities for Army Aviation programs.
Description of Responsibilities for the Software Airworthiness Engineer:
The Software Engineer will perform software airworthiness analyses on aviation systems and assess software development processes and documentation associated with airworthiness and safety, e.g., Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA), Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA), System Safety Assessment (SSA), Fault Tree Analyses (FTA), Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Assessment (FMECA). The Software Airworthiness Engineer will report findings related to software airworthiness and safety for software releases and associated technical documentation. The Software Airworthiness Engineer will Identify potential hazards, present them to System Safety Working Groups, and track them to closure. The Software Airworthiness Engineer will review software development documentation, e.g., Plan for Software Aspects of Certification (PSAC), Software Development Plan (SDP), System/Subsystem Specification (SSS), Software Requirements Specification (SRS), Software Design Document (SDD), Software Test Plan (STP), Software Test Description (STD), Software Test Report (STR), and identify non-compliance with published standards and processes.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities or the Software Airworthiness Engineer:
- Must have a Bachelor's of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or other software-related engineering program.
- Must have 5 years of professional experience in software engineering applied to full life cycle support in the areas of development, modeling, simulation, and/or testing.
- Must have experience in performing airworthiness or safety analyses. Working knowledge of the requirements of MIL-STD-882E, AMCOM 385-17, and/or DoD Joint Software Systems Safety Engineering Handbook.
- Must have experience across the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, and test).
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must have good communication skills, and ability to interact well with team members, development organizations and customers.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
- Approximately 5% travel may be required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for the Software Airworthiness Engineer:
- Experience with rigorous software development processes, such as DO-178B[C], and aviation airworthiness processes.
- Knowledge of military and software development industry standards, software test methodologies, software requirement generation and maintenance.
At PPT, we value our employees. You can take comfort in the fact that here you will be treated as a professional, given room to grow and compensated with a benefits package to care for you and your family. You have made the decision to do meaningful work and we believe you should be rewarded for that decision. Explore our website and learn more about what it means to be a part of PPT Solutions.
PPT Solutions, Inc.Why Work Here?
PPT is committed to ensuring every employee achieves their full potential
PPT Solutions (PPT) provides systems and software engineering services to government and commercial aerospace organizations. Incorporated in 2005, PPT Solutions is a Small Business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama. PPT's corporate capabilities include: Systems/Software Engineering, System/Software Integrity, Information Systems Management and Business Process Engineering.
360B Quality Circle NW Suite 210Huntsville, AL