This is a key position for the effective and profitable operation of the business. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which includes evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and strong management and independent decision-making skills are required.
This position is based at our Charleston Gaillard Center. The Charleston Gaillard Center's mission is to provide the Lowcountry with a world-class performance hall, elegant venue space, and vibrant educational opportunities inspiring our dynamic community through the power of the performing arts. By providing the community unique and accessible, artistic and cultural experiences the Gaillard Center serves as an educational resource for generations to come. You can learn more about our venue here: https://gaillardcenter.org/
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- The incumbent must maintain and update all employee files and required company documentation forms.
- Review all sanitation and production charts with the Executive Chef.
- Ensures budgeted food percentages are achieved through effective control measures including portion controls, kitchen timings, food inventory rotation measures, receiving and food storage procedures, inventory controls, effective purchasing procedures, kitchen security procedures and waste control.
- Controls labor costs through effective scheduling of kitchen staff, cross-training and development of employees.
- Responsible for the on-going training, development, mentoring and supervision of hourly employees.
- Ensures purchasing and preparation of all food products meet Ovations' standards of quality and consistency. Responsible for the development of menus, ensuring quality, consistency and style concept are maintained.
- Monitors production of food preparation ensuring recipe specifications, portion controls and kitchen timings are met. Monitors all food served relative to appearance, temperature, sanitary and quality standards.
- Ensure the highest standard of quality control and pastry execution
- Manage and participate in the preparation and execution of all baked goods
- Monitor all refrigeration and dry storage and ensure proper handling and rotation
- Direct staff in sanitary food handling techniques
- Experience levels for position include a year Culinary degree or a 3-year A.C.F. apprenticeship and/or 2 years previous experience as a Pastry cook or chef and/or related experience.
- Must have various experience levels in volume feeding, catering, baking and pastry, and purchasing storage and handling
- background in European and French pastries
- Maintain an exceptional production knowledge and attention to detail with decoration and taste quality
- Maintain a solid knowledge, understanding and preparation of all types of desserts
- Ability to create innovative centerpieces and decorations for banquet displays
- Plan and develop new desserts for restaurants, banquets and special functions, i.e. weddings
- Ability to train, mentor, coach team members
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work flexible hours including holidays and weekends.
- Up to date knowledge of M.S.D.S. Criteria Procedures, Safety Guidelines, First Aid/C.P.R., Environmental Health Codes, Local, State and Federal Guidelines.
- Ability to clearly speak read and write in English.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER