As Product Manager you own the product vision and roadmap from idealization through delivery to market launch supporting the overall Product and Business Strategy. As the Subject Matter Expert and Voice of the Customer you prioritize work for the development team and provide the required detail to deliver valuable and usable solutions to the energy market.
- Defining and socializing your product vision both internally and externally by engaging with buyers, users and internal stakeholders
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the energy market, competitive threats and new market opportunities - using this to influence and modify the product vision and roadmap
- Customer, market, sales and support data analysis to feed into the product roadmap
- Prioritizing, assigning and solving market problems with your agile development team; define user stories and scenarios, answer queries, review and sign off the functionality, engage with the team processes
- Representing the customer during the development cycle to ensure the software produced is valuable and useable
- Gaining customer feedback and feeding this into the product strategy and planning process - ensuring useful feedback is obtained, recorded and actioned
- Working closely with customers to define implementation requirements for product configuration, implementation and delivery
- Collaborating with our scrum masters to define release plans
We would expect you to be able to:
- Clearly articulate the product vision and roadmap for customers, the market and the company
- Understand how to stack rank product ideas and then build a business case to demonstrate potential return on investment for the top ideas
- Manage and prioritize a product backlog with a clear understanding of defects, compliance and regulatory issues, technical debt and enhancements
- Alongside product marketing, run the Go-To-Market process for your products ensuring internal alignment and successful external market product releases
- The role requires strong product management fundamentals, excellent cross-functional collaboration and engagement and an understanding of agile working.
- Strong preference for candidates with prior Retail Energy Experience.
- Fluent in Load Forecasting Techniques including Smart Meter Data, IDR, Load Profiles Etc.
- Working knowledge of Retail energy business both Electric and Natural Gas
- Knowledge of product management techniques and experience of working in a B2B product management role
- A strong interest in understanding users and solving their business challenges
- Knowledge of agile working and previous experience working as a product owner on an agile team
- Some tech literacy to enable discussions with developers
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Strong stakeholder engagement
- High attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Positive attitude and good problem-solving skills
- Confident yet demonstrates humility
- Interest in keeping up with product management thinking