POWDR - the parent company to Woodward Park City and other Woodward camps - is a private, family-owned adventure lifestyle company dedicated to the mission of inspiring people with cool experiences in awesome places! We operate mountain resorts and action sports camps across the country and are currently seeking a motivated professional with exceptional communication skills to join our Accounting team at our corporate headquarters in Park City, UT.
At POWDR, we intend to Play Forever. This is not only a pledge to always remember to have fun, but also a commitment to sustainability so that future generations can do so as well. The right candidate will share and be excited by these values and embrace a work hard, play hard mentality.
POWDR is big enough to be a serious player in the industry, but small enough that you will see and feel how your contributions matter. Employees are not a cog in a machine – they are engaged members of a team working in a collaborative environment. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please send us your resume. We’d love to talk with you so we can tell you more about the position and our company!
This position is for an hourly, paid internship that will run from on or about Monday, January 13th to Friday, May 15th. We are located at Kimball Junction in Park City, UT. You will be part of the Accounting Department and assist with a number of accounting activities; however there will be a particular emphasis on assisting with procurement and managing supplier relationships. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, be detail-oriented, and an effective communicator. There is the possibility that this transitions to a full-time, salaried position at the conclusion of the internship.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES:
- Build and maintain supplier relationships.
- Maintain supplier records.
- Manage supplier onboarding.
- Identify and harness cost savings opportunities.
- Work alongside Finance team to maintain & deliver Credit Applications and other supplier onboarding documents
- Coordinate with BU leadership & buyers to improve supplier interactions
- Formalize Purchasing guidelines & restrictions
- Work closely with AP team to improve payment processing
- Track KPI’s to gauge Procurement performance and identify areas of improvement
- Promote PO usage & pre-approved spend throughout the POWDR portfolio
- Track Purchase Card usage for items that can be transferred to our Procurement & Invoicing processes
- Troubleshoot issues that arise with PO’s and invoices
- Facilitate ongoing Procurement training for buyers at each BU
· Is honest and has the highest integrity
· Is able to handle and manage confidential information
· Follows established policies and procedures
· Is supportive of core values
· Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
· Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes a habit of getting back to people on issues.
· Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
· Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/SPECIAL SKILLS:
· BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or related field or be actively working towards one with anticipated completion within the next year
· Up to 2 years experience.
· Must demonstrate solid business acumen and ability to dig into financial details with a big picture perspective.
· Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills for working with employees at all levels of the company.
· Advanced computer knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
· Great Plains and/or Coupa experience a plus