POTTER'S HOUSE APOTHECARY Peoria, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description: Pharmacy Buyer
Potter’s House Apothecary is a PCAB Accredited compounding pharmacy specializing in Sterile and Non-Sterile Compounding. Compounding is the art of making custom made prescription medications specifically for an individual patient and their unique needs. Our desire is to provide optimal pharmaceutical care while demonstrating superior customer service through compassion, humility, and respect. By partnering with physicians in our community, we aim to enhance our patient’s treatment options and improve their results by customizing medications to meet their specific needs.
The Pharmacy Buyer purchases all pharmacy inventory for chemicals, drugs, and supplies while maintaining cost controls and inventory management procedures. The Buyer continuously reviews data to identify opportunities for improving costs, reporting, accounting, inventory management, and overall bottom line of the business financials. The Pharmacy Buyer seeks out ways to control costs for both the pharmacy and its patients.
- Order all drugs, chemicals, and supplies daily based on the needs of the business. Monitor costs for best deals and discounts and analyze chemical and stock usage to stay ahead of ordering.
- Monitor and communicate drug shortages with appropriate staff.
- Optimize medication inventory par levels to avoid stockouts and reduce waste.
- Check-in drugs and chemicals daily. Enter cost, AWP, and NDC numbers into chemical or formula.
- Keep records of loss and update accounting daily.
- Monitor costs and AWP to ensure billing is completed correctly and costs are reported accurately to accounting once/week.
- Separate costs on invoices for accounting when chemicals, supplies, and other items are all on the same invoice.
- Alert appropriate departments with changes in cost of goods via email. As needed.
- Manage plan and process for stock on hand inventory and higher moving items. Review weekly.
- Return unused and expired drugs at the end of each month.
- Run, print, and save inventory reports for future planning and accounting each month.
- Work with PIC on cash prices for new formulas.
- Manage and follow-up on reimbursement disputes as they occur.
- Manage recalls.
- Assist with audits.
- Lead annual medication inventory.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Certified Pharmacy Technician is preferred
- Effective written and oral communication skills across all departments
- Able to effectively problem solve and implement solutions
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume work load environment
- Advanced level PC skills experience; Advanced experience of Excel required; Completed Excel training preferred
- A demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail
- High School Diploma/GED
Position reports to: Pharmacist in Charge
POTTER'S HOUSE APOTHECARY
21585 N. 77th Ave. Suite 1500 PeoriaPeoria, AZ
BusinessView all jobs at POTTER'S HOUSE APOTHECARY