We are offering an excellent opportunity for Senior Design Engineer to further our efforts at our NY headquarters in Rye Brook, NY.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Lead engineering development, collaborate with project team, and is accountable for the creation and development of on target and cost effective engineering solutions. Ensure on time delivery from prototype engineer, production engineer, dieline and production package, FAIR process and sales support using the latest technologies available. Follow the latest trends in design and technology to provide the most creative, innovative and producible designs.
1. Follow and implement engineer design guidelines, production release standard and engineering development processes.
2. Meet with sales/clients/creative/manufacturing to establish and review the project brief including but not limited to the design direction, deliverables, production criteria and timelines.
3. Capable of developing engineer solutions based on sketches, renderings, ideas or products.
4. Provide engineer design and drawings for prototyping, pricing or production.
5. Develop design mechanisms and components from functional and asethetic specifications; ensure design is production friendly and reliable.
6. Create pre-production drawings, dieline for graphics and detailed BOMs; ensure production drawings are accurate prior to release.
7. Check first article part samples, complete the FAIR documentation, and update the drawings.
8. Prepare supporting documents for patent application.
9. Ensure POP Displays products is in compliance to all applicable codes and standards.
10. Ensure all engineer files is in compliance with naming convention and file management protocol.
11. Take part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings.
Know all duties and responsibilities of assigned personnel.
Manage project timeline, deliverables and client/sales expectations.
Communicate and coordinate with other departments to achieve total customers satisfaction and ensure effective communication within the project team.
Collaborate and implement continuous improvement projects.
Promote teamwork throughout the team and department.
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineer or relevant design experience
1. 5 years or more experience in point of purchase industry.
2. Experience in developing and producing high quality integrated point of purchase displays.
3. Proficient in SolidWork and other engineering design programs.
4. Solid understanding and appreciation for the distinction between creative expression and business objectives.
5. Demonstrated ability to read part prints and use calipers.
6. Technical knowledge of plastic part design, injection molding process, thermoforming, metal fabrication and woodworking.
7. Fluent with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other office software.
POP Displays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.