Logistics Specialist, Indianapolis
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POINT Biopharma is an innovative, high-performance company focused on a hard problem: creating new cancer therapies that are more effective and have fewer side effects than traditional treatments. Our products are targeted radioligands, a technology that hold significant promise to treat cancer. Our company is growing rapidly: we just announced a phase 3 clinical trial for our novel radioligand based prostate cancer treatment, established our U.S. manufacturing center in Indianapolis, and have a pipeline of next generation oncology products in development. We are a creative and agile team accountable to a high standard: to be uniquely better. If you are searching for new and uniquely better career path, you should consider joining the POINT team.
TO BE CONSIDERED, APPLICANTS MUST BE LEGALLY ENTITLED TO WORK IN THE USA.
Location: Indianapolis, IN. Completed in Sept 2021, POINT's Indianapolis site is one of the largest state-of-the-art radiopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities in the world - almost as large as one and a half football fields.
Reporting to the reports to the Manager, Materials & Logistics, the Logistics Specialist will have functional responsibility for:
- Manual packaging of radiopharmaceuticals for North Americal distribution
- Scheduling inbound and outbound shipments (including class 7 radioactive and temperature controlled) into the Indianapolis Manufacturing Facility as well as to various business partners in North America. This includes
- Continuous process improvement of existing shipment procedures as well as the creation of new procedures as they arise.
- Shipment of drug products in various clinical trial stages to patient treatment sites across North America.
- Schedule and monitor inbound logistics for all shipments, including raw materials and equipment. Plan and adjust schedule to meet the changing needs and priorities of the organization on a daily basis.
- Check and review data for accuracy and completeness independently with exceptional attention to detail.
- Monitor and record the on time delivery (OTD) rate and KPIs.
- Perform packaging of Class 7 Type A radioactive shipments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Execute master batch records, line clearance, product accountability processes, product segregation and control procedures, and data verification on a daily basis.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), engage in continuous process improvements and CAPAs for new and existing logistic routes, packaging processes and shipping procedures in order to increase consistency and repeatability.
- In partnership with the Radiatiation Safety Officer (RSO), ensure compliance with NRC, DOT, & IATA guidelines for shipment of radioactive materials.
- Assist with developing cost models, assumptions, and risk mitigation strategies related to contracted freight carriers.
- Facilitate the successful shipment of radioactive drug products to patient dose sites across North America following a Just-In-Time shipping model.
- Utilize ERP systems to generate and retain all shipping documentation including Sales Orders, Bill of Ladings, and Delivery Confirmations.
- Conduct routine drug product shipment route optimization models to improve shipment processing efficiency.
- High school diploma. BS/BA degree is preferred in a technical discipline.
- 1-3 years of experience in a supply chain/logistics function, preferably in pharmaceutical manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrated ability to function well both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment and react to short notice schedule changes
- Operate and execute with an extreme sense of urgency while maintaining accuracy and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- IATA (International Air Transport Association) Shipment of Dangerous Goods certification is required. If not certified at time of hire, it must be completed within 90 days of hire.
- IATA Certification for shipping of Radioactive Material is required. If not certified at time of hire, it must be completed within 90 days of hire.
Why joining POINT today will be the right career move for you:
There is no shortage of demand for smart, qualified and hardworking people like yourself and we strongly believe POINT is the right career move for you. Here is why:
- You will help establish and define an organization that will change the course of cancer therapies. and help thousands of people each year
- You will be challenged, and are expected to challenge us, as part of a results-oriented, high performance team, where everyone leaves their egos at the door and lets the best ideas win
- You will be provided the opportunity to participate in the financial value creation that occurs as POINT grows and becomes a mature pharmaceutical company
- Most importantly, you will spend everyday working on something important
If what we are saying resonates with you, please submit a resume.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) - effective day 1
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Income Protection Insurance (Life AD&D, Short & Long-term disability) 100% employer paid
- Voluntary Income Protection Premiums paid by employee
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- $500 fitness reimbursement per year
- $100 cell phone reimbursement per month
All applicants who are offered employment with POINT Biopharma will be subject to a background investigation. Offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation conducted in accordance with POINT Biopharma policy and state law.
POINT Biopharma does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at POINT Biopharma