The Program Director is responsible for overseeing all the organization’s programs including the Residential, Aftercare and Outreach programs. In addition, the Program Director has oversight of the processes and procedures required to maintain consistent and sufficient program occupancy, while also assuring the smooth daily operations of the residential facility. The organization’s positions that report directly to the Program Director include the Residential Services Specialist Staff, Case Manager Supervisor, Applications/Intake Coordinator, Pre-Release Program Coordinator, and the Workforce and Life Development Coordinator. As this position works across and between various stakeholders, strong communication and organizational skills are required. A successful Program Director must have a broad knowledge of program management principles. The organization is seeking someone with a strategic mindset as well as the ability to lead and develop teams effectively. Flexibility, a broad skill set, and attention to detail are critical to achieving success in this position.
The Program Director reports to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities & Duties
· Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization
· Plan the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
· Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements
· Supervise all program managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
· Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
· Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed
· Read reports prepared by managers to determine progress and issues
· Ensure program operations and activities adhere to Virginia Department of Corrections guidelines and internal policies
· Collaborate with members of the senior management team (Executive Director, Operations Director, Marketing/Development Director, Clinical Director) and all FOGH staff to ensure robust programming and quality assurance. Oversee the supervision of Residential Service Specialists, Case Managers, University Interns other team members
· Function as a liaison between the organization and community partners, local and/or state government agencies and community groups.
· Oversee compliance of all documentation contractually required by the Virginia Department of Corrections, including case management notes, fire drills, menus, etc.
To perform the position of Program Director successfully, qualified candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications:
· Proven experience as program director or other managerial position
· Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
· Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
· Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills
· A business acumen with a strategic ability
· Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal, written, presentation and conflict management skills
· Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and exhibit a high level of cultural competence
· Proficiency at Microsoft Office and program management software
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Social Services, Criminal Justice, or related field; or a minimum of four (4) years supervisory experience in a human services organization or assisting at-risk populations with histories of addiction, mental illness, homelessness, domestic violence, severe trauma, etc. Note: Work experience with ex-offender population and/or in crisis/trauma environments is preferred. Residential program experience a must
· Two (2) years or more work experience in a residential treatment program, halfway house, shelter or similar type program.
· Knowledge of medication guidelines is a plus.
Licenses & Certifications:
· Valid driver's license & good driving record.
· CPR/First Aid certification
· NARCAN Training (can be obtained on the job)
· PREA Training/Requirements (can be obtained on the job)
Note: Licenses/Certifications must remain in good standing/active during employment tenure with the organization.
PNP Staffing Group
Why Work Here?PNP's goal is simple – to recruit the best talent to help nonprofits around the country do great things and advance their missions. We are driven, highly creative in our approach, resourceful in sourcing the marketplace for top talent, and diligent about providing the very best services to our clients who inspire us to do this work.
Dynamic and passionate team. Meaningful work. Opportunity to be strategic and hone and deploy leadership skills.