This nonprofit organization connecting humanitarian relief organizations with donated or discounted air transportation and created by leaders of the aviation industry. This organization is a unique group that uses the power of aviation as a force for good.
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Communications Manager who can support our primary mission - responding to natural and/or manmade disasters. In addition, the Marketing Communications Manager will help develop compelling stories that resonate with their airline partners, corporate and individual donors, other external audiences, including media to help Airlink maximize value to its charity humanitarian relief partners.
This is a hands-on position! We’re looking for an experienced self-starter, a communicator, an engaging storyteller, a trusted communications advisor, a communications generalist and a media junkie ready to take Airlink to the next level. In this position, you will help design and implement all external-facing marketing and communications content, including the generation of collateral with the primary purpose of driving fundraising revenue through use of our website, social media, email marketing, conference and trade events, media, and other channels as appropriate.
Develop and implement a rolling, comprehensive marketing communications plan that reinforces the brand and supports organizational objectives with a heavy focus on fundraising. Identify opportunities and strategies to drive business development. Use research and metrics to plan and measure success toward stated goals. More specifically, you will be tasked with the following:
· Provide strategic counsel at all levels of the organization.
· Work with executive leadership to assess needs, set goals, and execute.
· Plan and implement coordinated marketing campaigns on time and within budget.
· Proactively support fundraising goals through coordinated marketing programs.
· Plan and create all messaging and collateral to support marketing programs.
· Plan and execute disaster response communications program.
· Pitch story ideas and secure coverage with local, regional, national and specialty media.
· Plan and attend conferences and events as a representative of the organization.
· Produce reports summarizing performance for executives and business leads.
· Identify and cultivate strategic partnerships to expand the Airlink brand.
Requirements and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree with 3 to 7 years of experience.
· Must be a strong writer and editor for both oral and written presentation.
· Creative individual with high-energy. Team player.
· Prior experience in aviation and/or nonprofit disaster response fundraising preferred.
· Journalism experience a strong plus.
· Graphic design experience a plus.
· Demonstrated record of integrating marketing and social media.
· Knowledge of media channels and working relationships with key influencers, preferably in aviation or nonprofit fundraising.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and manage multiple deadlines and tasks, including managing up to company executives.
· A command of best practices in media relations, and the ability to train others in media interaction.
· Potential of 10-20 percent, including international