PNP is excited to partner with the nonprofit fundraising arm of a leading Israeli research university that is on the cutting edge of innovations in medicine, science and technology, and homeland security.
Our client, located in midtown Manhattan, is seeking an experienced communications professional to develop and manage the marketing communication needs of the organization. Playing an integral role in the organization, the marketing communications director is the right hand of and reports to the chief marketing officer. He/she is responsible for implementing a new brand strategy and marketing plan, overseeing creative development, project management, and department workflow. This includes copywriting and supervising the production of all materials, printers, graphic designers, and serving as the point person for all staff marketing requests.
The marketing department works to conceive, shape and integrate innovative and effective marketing and communication strategies that 1) amplify the university’s brand and relevancy in the U.S; 2) grow the donor base; 3) support fundraisers’ efforts in markets throughout the U.S.; and 4) help retain donors. The department works closely with the Department of Development Services to develop quality campaign materials and with the events staff to create event collateral and promotion for a large variety of special experiences, such as educational symposia, galas, lectures, multi-day meetings, parlor meetings, fundraisers, webinars, and trips abroad.
· Overall brand governance including implementation and oversight of all external and internal print and digital collateral, as well as messaging.
· Project manage and maintain heavy production schedule for the day-to-day print and digital collateral that includes: event marketing materials; campaign and educational brochures; print and digital newsletters; promotional and educational videos; fundraising appeals, and more.
· As marketing staff liaison, manage the communication needs of fundraisers in 12 markets throughout the U.S.
· Write organization’s persuasive copy, including speeches, campaign collateral, invitations, fundraising pitches, bios, web pages, death notices, and more.
· Oversee website content, including daily writing and posting of news content, and supervise digital and social media consultants.
· Execute digital marketing strategy, content and promotion.
· Assume the role of managing editor of the bi-annual 36-page informative newszine, supervising the features writer/editor and working closely with the graphic designer and editor throughout production.
The ideal candidate has 8-10 years of marketing communications experience, particularly in the nonprofit sector; is both a creative visionary and detailed project manager with exceptional writing and strong technology skills; has a college degree in communications/marketing or comparable field; works well under pressure; and is flexible and highly organized: able to effectively manage multiple jobs in all phases of development, taking into consideration competing and shifting priorities. Additionally, you have:
- A minimum of five years in a fundraising/philanthropic/educational/Jewish organizations
- At least five years’ experience in event marketing
- Proven experience in the creation of marketing/sales/fundraising communications that engage, educate and motivate
- Knowledge of design and print production and experience managing designers, printers and other contractors
- Expertise in producing and evaluating digital communications and understanding technology
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and generally strong computer skills
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Luminate Online or similar CRM system; WordPress; PowerPoint, and PhotoShop
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills; able to interact successfully and build relationships with people of all levels
- Ability to learn quickly, problem solve and create efficiencies
Please send a resume and cover letter to Wade Savitt, Executive Recruiter with PNP Staffing Group. email@example.com