Our client is seeking a Lead Accounting Payable responsible for supervising the day-to-day accounts payable functions to include daily review and posting of AP batches, initiating outgoing wire transfers, general ledger analysis, preparation of journal entries, assistance with month end closing procedures and annual audit. Demonstrates willingness and ability to understand, respect and contribute to the organization mission and to fulfill job duties in accordance with its Catholic identity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of the day-to-day activities of Accounts Payable.
- Manage and review the daily posting of AP batches by ensuring correct vendor ids, correct amount paid, effective date of activity, account codes as well as appropriate supporting documentation and necessary approvals are present.
- Supervise the weekly check and EFT runs to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the requests.
- Manage, review and track the manual check process to ensure that all manual checks (APC’s) are processed by the AP closing deadline monthly.
- Manage, review and track the AP ageing and AP cue weekly to ensure AP processing is timely and accurate.
- Initiate outgoing domestic and international wires as requested.
- Initiate journal entries for grant decision directives monthly.
- Manage, review and reconcile grants payable and contributions monthly.
- Manage, review and reconcile all accounts payable general ledger accounts monthly to include AP other.
- Manage, review and reconcile legal fees, professional services and consultants and royalty expenses monthly.
- Supervise the AP month-end close to ensure all entries are made for prepaid expenses and all invoices for the month are processed by the AP closing deadline.
- Supervise and manage the preparation and submission of 1099’s annually.
- Review existing AP processes to identify and implement enhancements as appropriate.
- Assist in year-end closing and audit process, including preparation of audit workpapers in assigned areas.
- Serve as back-up to accounts payable specialist as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Major Field/Specialty: Accounting
Other Specialized Training: (i.e. word processing, personal computer, knowledge of Catholic Church, etc.)
- At least 7+ years of experience in accounting with at least 3 years’ experience supervising staff. Supervision of accounts payable process preferred. Accounting experience should include reconciling accounts, journal entries, accruals and prepaids, month end close and audit preparation.
- PC applications-particularly spreadsheet and database applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the Catholic Church, its mission, structure and teachings.
Type and Nature of Professional Experience:
- Accounts Payable
- Audit Schedules
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)