Our client is seeking to have a Financial Analyst assist in development of budgeting tools for the annual budget process. Maintains tools for general cost allocations to agreed fair share methods. Obtain and assemble data fundamental to performing routine analysis of departments’ activities. Create and design spreadsheets and reports that reflect the analysis of both current and past performance. Contributes to the strategic plan for the Conference. Demonstrates willingness and ability to understand, respect and contribute to the organization mission and to fulfill job duties in accordance with its identity.
Continuing Responsibilities: (List from highest to lowest priority.)
- Assists in design & maintenance of budgeting tools for developing and collecting annual budget data: maintain individual & consolidating budget templates.
- Provide staff support on the use of budget files, training, accessibility, and budget development.
- Review departments’ budget annual submissions to ensure budgets are within mandated guidelines and report exceptions to direct supervisor. Provide analytical support to managers during the budgeting process.
- Assist in transferring budget data from the budget development tools into the accounting software including reconciliation of such data.
- Assist in design & maintain templates for monthly cost allocation. Ensure that the agreed allocation methods are implemented and provide intended results.
- Assist in monthly allocation process including distribution of financial reports, annual entries and year end allocation true ups.
- Review financial reports for quality assurance and distribute them monthly/quarterly according to distribution list.
- Research and analyze data to identify, troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies in either budget data or actual revenue and expenditure data.
- Assists in customizing reports, spreadsheets, charts and/or graphs for managers and financial dashboards.
- Create and keep current monthly and yearly comparisons for various financial markers as per the unit focus.
- Maintain working knowledge of the accounting pronouncements and standards keeping current on the same.
- Assist in compiling data for various committee meetings.
- Assist in year-end closing and audit process, including preparation of audit work-papers in assigned areas.
- Serve as back-up for another Financial Analyst.
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational Level: Bachelor’s Degree (related work experience may be substituted for education requirements)
Major Field/Specialty: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration
Other Specialized Training: (i.e. word processing, personal computer, knowledge of Catholic Church, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in finance/accounting department or directly related experience
- PC applications – particularly spreadsheet and database applications
- Good Analytical skills exhibiting sound logic and thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the Catholic Church, its mission, structure and teachings
Type and Nature of Professional Experience:
- Financial modeling
- Financial reporting
Number of Years Required: 3-5 years of experience