As a national professional membership organization, that is the nation's leading voice for courageous conversations about women's health. In our clinics and in our culture, women's health nurse practitioners champion state-of-the-science health care that holistically addresses the unique needs of women across their lifetimes. We elevate the health issues others overlook and compel attention on women's health from providers, policymakers, and researchers. Advanced practice registered nurses rely on us for authoritative resources and education that improve women's health and wellness through evidence-based practice. This organization pioneers policies to address gender disparities and forges strategic partnerships that advance health equity and holistic models of care.
This organization seeks a CEO to continue leading our organization and building our legacy of championing women’s health issues in a time when strong voices advocating for women and their providers are needed more than ever. The CEO will ensure it achieves its vision, mission, and strategic plan and that its programs meet the diverse needs and interests of its members, partners and other stakeholders. The CEO will provide leadership, strategic direction, and overall management of this organization and its resources, including fiscal planning, and successful fund development. In addition, the CEO will interact effectively with colleague organizations (e.g., ACOG, AWHONN, ACNM, AANP, etc.)
· Bachelors or Master’s degree with at least 10-15 years of experience, preferably in healthcare or advocacy.
· Top candidates will have experience in a professional membership organization with increasing levels of seniority and responsibility.
· Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills are critical to the success of our small -- but powerful -- team.
· Candidates should be comfortable juggling responsibilities such as coalition building, development, and program management while maintaining good financial stewardship.
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Leadership, Strategic Vision & Member Growth
· Provide inspirational leadership and drive the vision and strategy for membership growth. Recruit new members of all levels of experience.
· Recruit, retain and manage internal team of # employees to ensure the effective management of day-to-day operations.
· Oversee operational planning and hold staff and senior leaders accountable for ensuring successful implementation of programs, fundraising, partnerships, and building awareness of the organization.
· Coordinate with and manage # regional leaders. Support activities around the country ranging from X to Y.
Program Management & Member Services
· Lead and manage the execution of an annual conference for providers. Recruit exhibitors and speakers. Secure sponsors and oversee sponsorship fulfillment. Coordinate lectures, poster sessions, and workshops.
· Lead and manage the execution of multiple regional meetings each year. Secure sponsors and oversee sponsorship fulfillment.
· Work with partner organizations to present an annual sexual health course for NPs. Coordinate speakers and workshops. Ensure the quality and manage the accreditation of online Continuing Education offerings for all online and in-person events (conference, regional meetings, and sexual health course)
· Oversee the publication of their quarterly peer-reviewed journal.
· Oversee the creation of their weekly e-news brief. Coordinate announcements, blogs, and member spotlights.
Community Relations & Strategic Partnerships
· Serve as chief spokesperson, representing them locally and nationally.
· Act as an advocate for issues relevant to the organization, its programs, services and member needs.
· Educate legislators and work with partner organizations to further strategic advocacy priorities.
· Identify opportunities/facilitate strategic partnerships with other organizations to advance their mission and priorities.
· Participate in coalitions and manage the development of their coalitions.
Board Relations & Board Development
· Work with the Board to ensure strong, transparent, and high-functioning governance; assist the Board in its responsibilities and that of its committees; assist with regular performance assessments.
· Build a trusting and transparent partnership with the Board in order to achieve their mission, vision and goals.
Financial Management & Administration
· Promote programs/services that are produced in a cost-effective manner; assure program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation.
· Source and partner with vendors to facilitate and supplement their activities.
· Lead diversified fund development efforts in partnership with the Board and the development lead, focusing on individuals, industry corporations, and grantmaking organizations.
· In partnership with the communications team, formulate and execute marketing, branding and development strategies that will increase their visibility and enhance revenue from major donors.
Skills and Attributes
· Proven ability to build and sustain partnerships
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
· Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical ability
· Excellent problem-solving skills including identifying and recommending solutions
· Ability to manage staff and provide timely and comprehensive feedback