Bilingual Spanish Medical Admin/ $20 to $22phr Temp to Hire
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $22 Hourly
1. Welcomes clients and visitors and directs them to appropriate staff
2. Client check-in
a. Alerting staff members to the arrival of their appointments
b. Collecting fees – issuing receipts as necessary
c. Maintaining sign in logs
3. Obtains updated insurance information and liaises with Billing department; educates clients with insurance issues on next steps, with guidance from the Senior Vice President for Clinical Services and the Clinic Operations Coordinator.
4. Answers and screens all incoming calls and transfers to appropriate lines. Takes and relays messages from incoming calls.
5. Acts as a first point of contact for clients with questions or concerns; assists clients to navigate programs and procedures.
6. Scheduling tasks
a. Make reminder Calls – Contact clients one business day in advance of their appointment with a prescriber.
b. Serve as back up to the Clinic Operations Coordinator
7. Ordering supplies – Maintain appropriate level of office supplies; prepare supply orders for approval by the Clinic Director, submit order electronically in Staples system
8. Accepts deliveries, alerts recipient, and routes item to appropriate department
9. Sorts and distributes mail.
10. Petty Cash
a. Maintains and dispenses petty cash to staff and clients
b. Reconcile petty cash and prepare replenishment request for Clinic Director’s approval
11. Chart Management:
a. Scan documents into the EHR as needed including insurance documents and referral materials.
b. Annually remove and shred closed records which are 6 or more years post discharge.
c. Update EHR with new demographic/ insurance information as needed.
12. All other duties as assigned.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
· High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· High proficiency with technology, software and applications (Microsoft Office suite and Zoom.)
· Experience working in a clinic/medical setting or working with older adults preferred.
PNP Staffing GroupWhy Work Here?
Dynamic and passionate team. Meaningful work. Opportunity to be strategic and hone and deploy leadership skills.
PNP's goal is simple – to recruit the best talent to help nonprofits around the country do great things and advance their missions. We are driven, highly creative in our approach, resourceful in sourcing the marketplace for top talent, and diligent about providing the very best services to our clients who inspire us to do this work.
AddressNew York, NY