At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Accounting Specialist Sr within PNC's Tax Credit Solutions organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, Portland or Louisville.
- Provides accounting, reporting and analytical expertise in support of a business function or business unit.
- Provides specialized accounting, financial reporting, accounting research and control oversight for the company.
- Creates accounting memoranda and various specialized reports for internal and external use.
- Completes month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities related to foreign exchange, cash management and tax, and subsidiary regulatory reporting, including preparing the appropriate audit work papers for such activities.
- Supports and assists accounting staff in the development of their professional skills.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Accounting - Knowledge of and the ability to use the methods, processes, and tools for maintaining and preparing financial statements and reports.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Effective Communications - Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Financial Analysis - Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
Financial And Accounting Systems - Knowledge of and ability to use financial and accounting applications specific to the organization.
Financial Reporting - Knowledge of processes, methods, and tools of financial reporting; ability to create and maintain accurate and thorough financial reports.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) - Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and the ability to apply them appropriately within the organization.
Internal Controls - Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.
Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance - Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and ability to implement business processes required to ensure compliance with its tenets.Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.Education
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at