PMT Corporation Chanhassen, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance
Located in Chanhassen, Minnesota, PMT Corporation was established in 1979 as a private company dedicated to the research and development of specialty products, devices and instruments used in the medical field. PMT Corporation is known for manufacturing and distributing high end, innovative products within the orthopedic, neurosurgery and plastic surgery markets.
This Purchasing Manager is responsible for performing the everyday activities of the purchasing department. Purchasing is responsible for quoting, specifying and acquiring raw materials, services, assemblies, and materials needed for the manufacturing and distribution of medical devices and to operate the facility. This role is also responsible for maintaining and tracking inventory on needed components and maintaining an approved vendor listing for purchasing of goods and services.
COMPETANCIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Supervise inventory control and maintenance staff.
- Maintaining/update the purchasing procedure(s) and/or processes to remain compliant to regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring staff comply with company policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a current Approved Vendors list.
- Coordinating a vendor qualification team to identify the qualification requirements for individual vendors, gathering data related to satisfaction of the requirements, reviewing the data, determining the critical vendor status, and classifying the vendor
- Maintaining files that will most effectively link orders to vendors including: Approved and critical vendor file, Data base file, Purchase order file history, File is used for current orders placed with in last two years, Cost of Goods and Purchase order log history.
- Examining and identifying purchasing needs, assembling purchase orders, order of goods and services from approved vendors, and verifying the delivery of ordered goods and services.
- Identifying the best available option when purchasing goods and services for a vendor regarding the price, delivery and service provided.
- Overseeing the care and maintenance of the building and grounds.
- Ensuring the company meets OSHA and Waste Management Requirements.
The Purchasing Manager should have the following qualifications:
- 2 or 4 year degree in applicable field of study
- Good personal skills to coordinate tasks for individuals and manage personnel.
- Computer skills to work with word processing, spreadsheet and ordering system applications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in purchasing role, preferably medical devices
- Excellent communication and time management skills
Location: Chanhassen, MN
PMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit us at www.pmtcorp.com.
PMT CorporationWhy Work Here?
Build a rewarding new career in Medical Device sales with an industry leader. Apply today!
PMT Corporation, established in 1979, is dedicated to the research and development of specialty products, devices and instruments used in the medical field including, but not exclusive to, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Neurosurgery, Orthopedic Spine medicine and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Please visit us at www.pmtcorp.com.
1500 Park RoadChanhassen, MN
BusinessView all jobs at PMT Corporation