This position is responsible for the design and development of medical devices, device accessories and
processes that complement our current product line in plastic / reconstruction
surgery areas. This position may also involve training technicians, engineers, sales representatives,
customers, etc., to processes and principles associated with the technology, as well as providing ongoing
COMPETENCIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (included but not limited to):
- Design and develop medical devices and accessories.
- Use established procedures to improve existing medical devices and accessories. Continually optimize manufacturing procedures to produce less expensive, higher quality medical devices.
- Perform test procedures to verify and validate product quality and efficacy.
- Document all developments in scientific notebooks complete Engineering Change Orders (ECO) document and control processes and procedures.
- Assist in the completion of new and existing product design validations.
- Complete design drawings in AutoCAD or similar drafting program and create prototypes to progress the development through its design stages.
- Assist in training PMT personnel to processes associated with design and development of medical devices and accessories.
- Develop efficient (i.e. cost, material, time, etc.), user-friendly manufacturing processes.
- Assist in the resolution, documentation, customer responses of product complaints.
- Coordinate and assist in corrective and preventative action activities and solutions
- Comply with appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. GMP, ISO, FDA, etc.) and associated quality systems described in PMT’s documentation.
- Assist and support PMT Plastic customers from a technical standpoint.
- Communicate with strategic vendors and suppliers.
The product development engineer should have the following qualifications:
- 4yr degree in applicable field of study, preferably engineering (ME, BioMedE)
- Minimum 10 years work experience in industry
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Project management, self-starter and self-organizer. Excellent problem solving and design skills
- Strong personal computer skills, including experience with MS Ofiice, AutoCad, MS Project
PMT Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Chanhassen, MN