Northwest Medical Specialties offers South Sound residents compassionate, experienced, and innovative treatment in cancer care and infectious diseases. We are among the regional leaders in clinical trials, allowing patients access to cutting-edge treatment.
We currently have an opening for a full-time Medical Lab Technician (MLT) to join our team. This position will work variable daytime hours and at variable locations. This MLT will have a home base in Tacoma, but may float between our five clinics in Tacoma, Federal Way, Puyallup, Bonney Lake, and Gig Harbor, so reliable transportation and flexibility is a must.
Our Medical Lab Technician will perform clinical analysis, specimen processing, QC monitoring, and work with computer systems to provide accurate reliable testing for the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Our ideal candidate will have a knowledge of human anatomy, master technical and communication skills with people of all ages, know laboratory safety rules, and adhere to all CDC recommendations and OSHA requirements.
- Demonstrate competency in the performance of designated laboratory testing as assigned while assuring the QC data generated is documented according to standard operating procedures.
- Remain knowledgeable of all policies, procedures and protocols which are essential to the timeliness of results reported while assuring that productivity is adequate to meet the demands of the laboratory's workload.
- Manage all patient service interactions with diplomacy, actively facilitating resolutions to problems and addressing the needs of all clients both internal and external.
- Perform all testing in compliance with safety guidelines, policies and procedures while adhering to regulatory mandates.
- Assist with training as assigned by supervisory staff.
- Rotate stock supplies and keeps inventory.
- Participate in CE activities and performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree from an accredited Medical Laboratory Technician program, and certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) or Clinical Laboratory Technician (NCA). Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, or biological is a plus!
- Minimum of one year of MLT experience required.
- Considerable knowledge of laboratory practices and related laws and regulations.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, required. Experience with electronic health records and orchards is a plus.
- Excellent organization and communication skills with high attention to detail.
- Free parking.
- Educational Opportunities and Tuition reimbursement.
- Competitive salary and great benefits package.
If you are looking for an organization committed to its patients, employees, and the community, please apply today!