Sr. Industrial Designer
- Posted: over a month ago
Sr. Industrial Designer, Specialty Coffee
Do you thrive in a collaborative environment where ambiguity and possibility abound? Are you passionate about bringing groundbreaking and balanced products to life? If this sounds like you, then please join us in creating a better world through our products!
PMI Worldwide is looking for a creative Industrial Designer who can drive design and innovation within and across our product categories in multiple materials.
The designer for this position will be responsible for generating a variety of products in the pursuit of our mission that through invention and originality we create a less disposable and more sustainable life and world.
You will work closely within a growing creative and design team, all focused on best-in-class, innovative and trend forward solutions for our specialty coffee division.
- Drive product excellence through innovation led, performance-centric and aesthetically pleasing product design.
- Collaborate with design peers, product, and engineering partners to design new products through design led thinking, drafting and execution.
- Advocate for and deliver all aspects of product design that relate most directly to consumer insights, innovation, creative direction, functional problem solving and product line thinking.
- Research and apply consumer lifestyle and design trends, cross referencing from fashion & beauty, furniture & home accessories, automotive, sport/lifestyle, packaging, music, art, and digital media.
- Manage internal communications across a complex matrix, including Product Management, Seasonal Programs Development, Quality, Design Engineering, R&D and Project Management functions to design solutions that meet consumer needs while satisfying product function and brand aesthetic requirements.
- Create renders, physical visual models and other content that enable the creation of inspiring stories plus convey design intent across multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Implement and organize design activities around schedules and project goals.
- Champion and contribute to PMI’s efforts toward ‘a less disposable and more sustainable’ life and world.
- Assist in the pursuit of design and utility patents by submitting invention records and actively supporting intellectual property efforts.
- Participate in user testing, as appropriate, during development and post product launch.
- Take part in cross functional brainstorms, market walks, and competitive testing and analysis.
- A degree in Industrial Design or equivalent.
- 5+ plus years professional Industrial/Product Design experience, ideally in consumer products.
- Strong sketching and conceptualization skills.
- Solid understanding of ‘Design for Manufacturability’ methods.
- Highly motivated and collaborative – taking ownership of projects and at the same time, being objective and responsive to feedback.
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative with the ability to work independently when needed.
- Creative, collaborative and confident.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbally and visually.
- Comfortable with ‘progression’ in the context of multiple iterations of testing and learning.
- Ability to assess project risks impacting Industrial Design and recommend mitigations.
- Possess a good understanding of various production & engineering processes – how they influence design and fabrication.
- Growth oriented and forever curious.
- Ability to understand and relate to our specialty coffee consumer segments.
- Strong affinity with food, beverage and specialty coffee lifestyles.
- Ability to travel if required.
- Software Tools –Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, KeyShot, Solidworks, Rhinoceros or other 3D CAD experience, Office Suite including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Reports to the Industrial Design Director.
PMI Worldwide is a leading global brand that manufactures, markets, and designs innovative food and beverage container solutions. Their two most recognizable brands, Stanley® and Aladdin®, are sold globally. PMI Worldwide also creates private label products for select global retailers. Headquartered in Seattle, PMI Worldwide has offices in San Francisco, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Amsterdam, Manila, Rio de Janeiro, and Bentonville, Arkansas. Additionally, PMI Worldwide has ownership in three manufacturing facilities, one in China and two in Brazil. PMI is a business unit of HAVI, a global, privately-owned company that operates businesses providing services in supply chain, sourcing, and consumer engagement to leading global brands. For more on the company and its full line of products and accessories, visit www.pmi-worldwide.com.
ManufacturingView all jobs at PMI