Site: Chicago Travel Plaza @ O'Hare International Airport
Status: Est. Opening Date JULY 1 2020
We are seeking highly talented individuals who have experience and a proven track record in Management and Leadership in the Retail/Convenience field. This position requires experience in managing a high-volume business. Candidates must be exemplary in communication skills. 7-Eleven experience is preferred. Our candidate of choice will be talented, highly motivated, intense, progressive, and possess a “Do Whatever It Takes” attitude. Compensation for this position will range from a Base Salary of $60 - $70K (based on qualification and ability) and a Bonus Plan essentially structured synonymous to a form of ownership. The complete PMG Benefits Package including Health, 401K, and other options will be available. Relocation costs will be considered.
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for the entire store operation. The GM will lead the management and associate team to ensure the execution of all PMG Values, goals, rules, regulations, processes and procedures. The GM is responsible for maximizing the store’s profitability through Team Development, Operational Excellence, Sales Building, and Financial Performance Management. The GM is responsible for both customer and associate satisfaction. The GM will ultimately select, develop, and lead a highly effective team.
Daily Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Ensure a pleasant shopping experience for all customers.
- Resolve customer and associate concerns, issues, and complaints effectively.
- Execute the PMG Sales Strategy, action plans, and business processes developed by Store Operations Teams in order to maximize sales-building efforts.
- Analyze the income statements and utilize reports to ensure the store’s profitability.
- Supervise and lead the day-to-day task assignments and performance for all associates and managers.
- Manage/Accurately complete daily paperwork, cash, lottery, shrink, spoilage, and waste processes.
- Manage Labor and Team Schedules.
- Perform work with Integrity, Honesty, and Respect.
- Build relationships with community partners to connect the store with its community.
- Analyze trends and set action plans for store challenges and areas of opportunity.
- Monitor local competition through price surveys and other tools, and take action/communicate to Store Operations accordingly.
- Ensure store meets and exceeds Operational Excellence surrounding PMG, 7-Eleven, and Branded Mobil Audits.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
- Food Service Certification Preferred
- Experience with leading and building a highly effective team
- Experience selecting, training, and performance management of staff
- Availability to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Reliable Transportation
- Excellent Leadership Skills in a fast-paced environment
- Exemplary Customer Service
- Ability to implement positive change through coaching and developing team
- Ability to work with little or no supervision; Self-Motivated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent ability to multi-task
- Detail Oriented, Exceptional Organizational, and multi-tasking Skills
- Ability to lift/carry up to 35 lbs.
$60,000 - $70,000 Annually
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Petroleum Marketing Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.