Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience in Management of multiple design and construction projects; experience within a large capital improvement program and familiarity with relevant Public Codes
- BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Ability to multi-task, solve problems and successfully deliver projects is critical
- 2 years’ experience in Educational Facility Construction preferred
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design and closeout
- Experience in alternative delivery method (Design-build, etc..)
- Experience with using a web-based project management system such as Proliance
- Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
- Experience in Formal Construction Partnering
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes or similar
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or ProfessionalEngineer by the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute(CMCI)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and reviews project management activities with regard to design and construction of local bond measures, state matching funds, new construction and modernization projects and reports to the College Project Director (CPD) and the Program Management Office (PMO).
- Manages and executes the design and/or construction of 6 to 8 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value from $2M to $30M each.
- Coordinates with end-users, Architects, and others to develop construction phasing plans and swing space plans. Executes and tracks progress against plans.
- Works with Architects, Contractors, Inspectors, the Division of State Architect, and others to resolve complex, construction-related issues in a timely manner and within budget
- Reviews and develops design or construction contract documents, including summary of work, phasing plans, and site logistics plans in coordination with others
- Identifies project risks, develops and implements risk mitigation plans successfully. Utilizes the Bond program risk register database to enter and update risks and mitigation plans on a monthly basis.
- Creates and presents project data clearly to multiple stakeholder groups
- Coordinates budget and schedule information with the Relocation Project Manager regarding FF&E, Asset Disposition/Surplus, and Relocation of College staff.
- Manages and coordinates the planning, programming and design phase of projects with all stakeholders including College user groups, District Facilities staff, PMO staff, and others.
- LACCD Project Manager I
- Closes out and certifies projects including DSA closeout and financial closeout
- Evaluates, processes and tracks change orders and professional services requests in a timely manner, and in compliance with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Tracks all project status, updates schedules and provides management reports relative to overall program relative to construction project delivery schedules
- Performs constructability reviews and QA/QC on programming, design and construction documents as required Reports and collaborates with Program Management Office on all project matters
- Performs other related duties as assigned
At a minimum, the candidate’s professional resume must include the following:
- List of all Educational Achievements
- List of all Professional Licenses or Certificates
- List of Awards Received
- Detailed Employment History with each company or government agency including:
o Name & Contact Information of the firm or agency
o Start Date and End Date (Month & Year)
o Positions Held
o List of Projects / Programs Managed including project value, location of assignment, roles and responsibilities and contribution to each project
Since 2005, we have been committed to building long-term client relationships by providing quality services and creating superior customer value. Our firm is home to accomplished professionals with diverse backgrounds from the fields of construction, architecture, engineering, and inspection who have worked together extensively over the years.
We have provided services for over $1.5 Billion worth of projects in various sectors including government facilities, education, parks & recreation, water resources, general facilities, and infrastructure. Specifically, PMCS Group has provided PM/CM and constructability review services to numerous projects for the Bureau of Engineering valued at more than $300M. Our staff's experience spans all project phases from planning, design, bid and award, through construction and closeout.
PMCS is currently providing construction management services for the Bureau of Engineering Proposition O Bond Program, engineering services for the Bureau of Engineering Wastewater Conveyance Engineering Division, and GIS/engineering services for the Bureau of Sanitation.
We believe that every project success is based on partnering, collaboration, and consolidating resource pools to provide our clients with the optimum balance of flexibility and responsiveness needed to achieve high quality results for the best value.
Our project team consists of professional licensed Engineers and Architects, Project and Construction Managers, Schedulers, Estimators, Document Control and Cost Analysts.