• Minimum of 7 years full time paid professional experience in construction cost estimating of all divisions for facilities or school building construction projects
• Knowledge of current local construction labor and material costs
• Extensive experience in developing and estimating the scope of work for change orders
• Ability to compare the independent cost estimate with contractor proposal to quickly identify differences
• Ability to develop scope of work based on RFI/RFC answers and estimates the detailed costs of those scopes of work independent of the contractor proposal
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares preliminary and final independent detailed cost estimates of school building projects for comparison with designer or contractor for PM/CM to establish negotiating position
• Prepares detailed change order estimates for Owner Authorized Representatives to establish negotiating position
• Provides support in price negotiations
• Prepares claim analyses and estimates
• Prepares detailed estimates of construction costs based on drawings, specs and sketches
• Reviews contractor’s claims and proposals for merit and accountability
• Performs related duties as assigned
At a minimum, the candidate’s professional resume must include the following:
- · List of all Educational Achievements
- · List of all Professional Licenses or Certificates
- · List of Awards Received
- · Detailed Employment History with each company or government agency including:
o Name & Contact Information of the firm or agency
o Start Date and End Date (Month & Year)
o Positions Held
o List of Projects/Programs Managed including project value, location of assignment, roles and responsibilities and contribution to each project
Since 2005, we have been committed to building long-term client relationships by providing quality services and creating superior customer value. Our firm is home to accomplished professionals with diverse backgrounds from the fields of construction, architecture, engineering, and inspection who have worked together extensively over the years.
We have provided services for over $1.5 Billion worth of projects in various sectors including government facilities, education, parks & recreation, water resources, general facilities, and infrastructure. Specifically, PMCS Group has provided PM/CM and constructability review services to numerous projects for the Bureau of Engineering valued at more than $300M. Our staff's experience spans all project phases from planning, design, bid and award, through construction and closeout.
PMCS is currently providing construction management services for the Bureau of Engineering Proposition O Bond Program, engineering services for the Bureau of Engineering Wastewater Conveyance Engineering Division, and GIS/engineering services for the Bureau of Sanitation.
We believe that every project success is based on partnering, collaboration, and consolidating resource pools to provide our clients with the optimum balance of flexibility and responsiveness needed to achieve high quality results for the best value.
Our project team consists of professional licensed Engineers and Architects, Project and Construction Managers, Schedulers, Estimators, Document Control and Cost Analysts.