Accounting Assistant (Interview process with be on SKYPE)
Hours for this position are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Pay Range: $21.00 to $25.00 p/hr depending on experience
This position is under the supervision of the Finance Manager and is responsible for the day to day Receivables, Sales Order Entry, along with supporting Senior Accountant and Purchasing Agent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High volume Receivables capability, able to manage multiple customer collections
- Responsible for entering sales orders into accounting software
- Manage Receivables and collections to minimize delinquent accounts.
- Learn company Excel files to backup senior accountant with Excel data entry.
- Learn purchasing procedure and have ability to generate PO’s.
- Cross-train on Accounts Payable
- Support Front Office with general administrative work as time allows.
- Support Finance Manager with annual audits related to Receivables.
- Engage in continuous improvement of procedures.
10. Other projects as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong computer skills in MS Excel
- Associates degree in accounting required; accounting preferred
- Minimum 2 years receivables/Invoicing experience.
- Accounts payable experience a plus.
- Strong organizational Skills a must
- Strong attention to detail
- Sage 50 software experience helpful
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with employees to conduct daily duties in a professional appearance and manner. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
We are a minority owned company, with offices conveniently located in Tyngsboro, MA and Woburn, MA
PLS also offers Electronics Training Programs in both our offices, taught by highly experienced, certified trainers, where one can earn J-Standard, IPC-610, and 7711 Certifications. If requested, we will gladly travel to your company or facility to re-certify staff right there on site for your convenience.
The Electronics Training Program teaches and strengthens valuable career skills to people at any skill level, from beginners to experienced-in Electronic Assemblies, Rework, Solder/De-Solder, Through-Hole, Wire Stripping, Testing, PCB Assembly, Blue Print Reading, QC Inspection, and more.
PLS Staffing is your best destination. We're here to assist you in any way we can with our professional, efficient, caring and dedicated services. Our job is to help you at your job !