Sales Representative Entry Level
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Benefits: medical, 401k, dental,
Full Job Description
PLS is looking for talented self-starting individuals who want to make their dreams a reality. At PLS you will build your own book of business within the Freight Brokering Industry. You will help your customers with their transportation needs, providing them with the solutions to ship their freight across the United States. You will be the single point of contact for your customer and your drivers. If you are looking for an entry level start to sales, a way to establish your own book of business within a business and earn repeat UNCAPPED commissions that will provide you unlimited earning potential, then this may be the sales career for you.
What is in it for you:
- $1,000 signing bonus
- $50,000 base salary + eligible performance-based UNCAPPED commission
- Chairman’s Club opportunity - Jet-set with the best of the best for being a top sales representative
- Extensive opportunity for career growth with 11 offices located across the U.S.
- Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401(k) with a company match
- Personalized career path with 90% of our sales managers promoted from within
- Exciting and positive work atmosphere that promotes a work hard, play hard mentality
- Team outings
- Laid-back dress code
What does an Account Executive at PLS do?
- Proactively develop a new portfolio of clients through cold calling industry leads provided by PLS
- Sell and close new and existing customers to move their freight
- Develop relationships with your own customers resulting in repeat business
- Negotiate price with shippers and carriers
- Manage daily shipments, resolving issues, to ensure pickup and delivery is on time
What do you need to get started?
- College degree preferred, but we have successful sales representatives without one
- Prior sales experience is preferred, but we have top sales representatives who started without prior experience
- A willingness to learn and be coached
- Ability to multitask
- Competitive “Work hard, play hard attitude”
- Strong communication skills
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Confident decision making
- Attention to detail
Over its 28-year history, PLS Logistics Services has become one of the country’s leading logistics management services providers. We are based outside of Pittsburgh, PA in Cranberry Township & with offices currently in Jacksonville, FL, Tampa, FL, Houston, TX, Dallas, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Saint Louis, MO, Philadelphia, PA & downtown Pittsburgh, PA, and are continuously expanding! We have truly grown into a nationwide family.
We take tremendous pride in our family & the work we do. Our people are the lifeblood of our organization. Their passion, dedication, energy, and camaraderie are what make PLS the company it is today. If you are looking for a cookie-cutter, 9 - 5 office job, this is NOT that place. We are not interested in the average Joe! At PLS, we work hard, play hard, and always have fun! We strive to make an impact not only in our industry but the communities we work in.
We ship over one million loads annually across all major freight modes: flatbed, van, LTL, rail & barge, air & ocean. Our customers benefit from our broad PLS Transportation network of over 250,000 trucks representing 45,000 carrier partners, along with Class-1 railroads and major barge companies.
PLS can take you anywhere. Are you ready for it?
PLS Logistics Services is An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program & Drug Screening.
About PLS Logistics Services
Founded in 1991, PLS Logistics Services has become one of the country’s leading logistics management services providers. Based in Cranberry Township, PA, a suburb of Pittsburgh, PLS provides dependable outsourced logistics solutions as well as freight brokerage services. We ship over one million loads annually across all major freight modes: flatbed, van, LTL, rail & barge, air & ocean. Our customers benefit from our broad PLS transportation network of over 150,000 trucks representing over 13,000 active carrier partners, along with Class-1 railroads and major barge companies. With one of the fastest growing staffs of logistics professionals in the industry, we deliver best-in-class service to each of our customers. PLS’ proprietary web-based transportation management system – PLS PROSM – ensures that every freight move is optimized and tendered at the lowest cost, meeting service requirements while providing increased visibility through tracking, administration and reporting. We provide the right solution for your business, adapting to your specific needs and requirements. Experience. Capacity. Flexibility. PLS Logistics Services provides everything your business needs to gain a competitive edge in today’s rapidly changing transportation environment. Solutions. Delivered.
We manage more than 1 million loads each year through all major freight modes: truckload, LTL, rail & barge, air & ocean, and intermodal. Through our innovative TMS and carrier network, we make efficiency and transparency a top priority for our customers.
PLS is trusted by small and mid-sized businesses and Fortune 500 organizations alike, consistently recognized as a top logistics provider by Inbound Logistics, Transport Topics, and other industry-leading publications.
PLS Logistics Services
325 Chestnut StreetPhiladelphia, PA
BusinessView all jobs at PLS Logistics Services
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?