PLS Logistics Services Cranberry Township, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary of essential job functions
- Booking & scheduling all shipments within the assigned Account Executive / team.
- Understand metrics that lead to team profitability including call center statistics, revenue & net revenue, variance to target, variance to max, load counts, etc.
- Direct communication with the Account Executives and Leadership team.
- Identify and solve capacity shortfalls within the team.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and understanding of various systems, technology, and tools to locate and secure various equipment types for customer shipments.
- Assign carriers to move shipments based on shipment information.
- Profitability: Choose carriers based on service levels and profitability targets.
- Negotiate carrier rates (under targets).
- Ensure all loads are covered that are expected to ship each day.
- Assist with the training and development of all new logistics coordinators and AET’s through shadowing, best practice sharing, and technical support
- Maintain productive working relationships with customer representatives, motor carriers, and PLS employees
- Monitor carrier performance and report carrier failures
- Other duties as required by business needs or as assigned.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Must exhibit the ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to multi-task and understand how to prioritize workload in order of importance.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Once printed this document is UNCONTROLLED.
We manage more than 1 million loads each year through all major freight modes: truckload, LTL, rail & barge, air & ocean, and intermodal. Through our innovative TMS and carrier network, we make efficiency and transparency a top priority for our customers.
PLS is trusted by small and mid-sized businesses and Fortune 500 organizations alike, consistently recognized as a top logistics provider by Inbound Logistics, Transport Topics, and other industry-leading publications.
PLS Logistics ServicesWhy Work Here?
Awesome company to work for with endless potential to grow within the company.
Founded in 1991, PLS Logistics Services has become one of the country’s leading logistics services providers. Based in Cranberry Township, PA, a suburb of Pittsburgh, PLS provides dependable outsourced logistics solutions as well as freight brokerage services. We manage more than 1 million loads each year through all major freight modes: truckload, LTL, rail & barge, air & ocean, and intermodal. Through our innovative TMS and carrier network, we make efficiency and transparency a top priority for our customers. PLS is trusted by small and mid-sized businesses and Fortune 500 organizations alike, consistently recognized as a top logistics provider by Inbound Logistics, Transport Topics, and other industry-leading publications.
3120 Unionville Rd #110Cranberry Township, PA
Transportation and Storage