Inside Sales Representative- June 20th Start Date
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you want to learn how to become a dynamic sales executive?
Do you want to build your own long-lasting book of business?
Do you want access to the best training program in the industry and get paid while doing so?
Do you want a database full of customers across the continent, without having to prospect for them?
What is a Sales Representative?
As a Sales Representative at PLS Logistics Services, you will act as an essential resource for your customers, helping ship their freight across the nation, 24/7/365. The inside sales role comes with the passionate support of our company and your co-workers around you.
Who we are:
Over our 30+ year history, PLS Logistics Services has become one of the country’s top 25 third-party logistics (3PL) services providers. We are headquartered in Cranberry Township, PA, with offices in Jacksonville, Tampa, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, St. Louis, Philadelphia & Pittsburgh. We are growing as an organization and are looking for top talent to join our team.
Your first week:
- Learn about PLS Logistics Services and the logistics industry
- Hear from our top home-grown leaders on how to be successful
- Participate in our fully paid training and orientation
- Familiarize yourself with our business model and transportation management system
- Get on the phones and grow your network
Your first month:
- Continue to develop a portfolio of clients by cold calling using our provided industry leads
- Understand how to negotiate pricing to close the deal
- Take charge of client service issues to the point of resolution
- Be open to coaching and learning while putting in the time and effort to be successful
- Update tracking system accurately throughout the day
Your first six months:
- Be the trusted advisor to your customer, helping manage their logistics challenges
- Liaise with Logistics Coordinators to help shoulder your load and allow you to bring in more business
- Seek out promotional opportunities to move up the ranks
- Maintain a strong understanding of the industry, including rates, capacities, and carriers.(moved down from your first month)
Your first year and after:
- You tell us. Write your own ticket.
Pay and benefits:
At PLS Logistics Services, we take pride in attracting top talent. In addition to unlimited PTO and a $45,000 starting salary, our benefits include:
$1,000 signing bonus.
UNCAPPED commission, starting in the first week of training
Full medical, dental, and vision coverage options
Extensive growth opportunities and a long track record of internal promotions to back it up
401k plan with employer match.
Chairman’s Club opportunity – celebrate with the best of best as a reward for being a top sales representative
Fun and welcoming work environment
Extensive, world-class sales and logistics training
Ongoing sales competitions with prizes
Our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferred)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Adaptable and dynamic
- High energy
- Entrepreneurial spirit
At PLS Logistics Services, we ship over one million loads annually across all major freight modes: flatbed, van, LTL, rail & barge, air & ocean. Our customers benefit from our broad PLS Transportation network of over 250,000 trucks representing 55,000 carrier partners, along with Class-1 railroads and major barge companies. Are you ready to jump-start your career?
PLS Logistics Services is An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
We manage more than 1 million loads each year through all major freight modes: truckload, LTL, rail & barge, air & ocean, and intermodal. Through our innovative TMS and carrier network, we make efficiency and transparency a top priority for our customers.
PLS is trusted by small and mid-sized businesses and Fortune 500 organizations alike, consistently recognized as a top logistics provider by Inbound Logistics, Transport Topics, and other industry-leading publications.
PLS Logistics ServicesWhy Work Here?
Awesome company to work for with endless potential to grow within the company.
Founded in 1991, PLS Logistics Services has become one of the country’s leading logistics services providers. Based in Cranberry Township, PA, a suburb of Pittsburgh, PLS provides dependable outsourced logistics solutions as well as freight brokerage services. We manage more than 1 million loads each year through all major freight modes: truckload, LTL, rail & barge, air & ocean, and intermodal. Through our innovative TMS and carrier network, we make efficiency and transparency a top priority for our customers. PLS is trusted by small and mid-sized businesses and Fortune 500 organizations alike, consistently recognized as a top logistics provider by Inbound Logistics, Transport Topics, and other industry-leading publications.
707 north 2nd streetSaint Louis, MO