PLCCA, Inc. honors and encourages diversity. We value employees who contribute to our organization, which embraces a variety of thinking, cultural differences, and perspectives. This organization believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities.
Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Objective: To provide substance abuse prevention services youth, families and community members in the Proviso Leyden Area.
Supervised by the Program Director and the VP of Operations, this dual role position will provide Youth Prevention in schools and communities to facilitate substance abuse prevention services and provide case management services, and reentry services to youth and adults.
Substance Abuse Prevention Strategies which include:
1. Prevention Education
2. Alternative Activities
3. Information Dissemination
4. Problem Identification and Referral
5. Community-Based Process
6. Environmental and Social Policy
· Collaborate with schools, parent-teacher groups, civic organizations, church groups, and other youth and community organizations to provide information and awareness on alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
· Network with other prevention and social service agencies within the region to include prevention, intervention, treatment, mental health, etc. in order to provide comprehensive services, identify needs, and make referrals as necessary.
· Participate in alcohol, tobacco or other drug awareness campaigns such as Red Ribbon Week, Great American Smoke Out, and Generation Rx etc.
· Participate in health fairs, business expos, parades and other community events for the purpose of providing anti-substance use messages.
· Assist in providing orientation or information sessions for parents, teachers, staff or administrators in target area school and community sites when requested.
· Presenting and instructing students in a classroom setting about tobacco, alcohol and drug awareness.
· Document all program activities as required, complete chart notes, and submit program reports and records according to the agency’s established deadlines.
· Effectively manage and coordinate an assigned caseload of up to 40 clients.
· Complete monthly and quarterly billing.
· Ability to recognize CARF policies and procedures and ensure their proper implementation.
· Assist in maintaining and updating the agency’s community resource list, video reference list, curriculum inventory, program materials inventory, and physical inventory.
· Provide in-service training to staff on topics appropriate to expertise, interest, and knowledge.
· Attend training, seminars, workshops, and classes to achieve required credentials and continuing education as required by the agency and DHS.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director and/or Executive Director to meet program and agency objectives.
Required Qualifications / Credentials / Training:
· Degree in Education, Counseling, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Health or related field is required.
· Pre-employment criminal background check, employment background check and drug screening are required.
· Evidence-based curriculum training must be obtained within 2 months of employment, and prior to service delivery.
· Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid Certifications must be obtained within 2 months of employment, and certifications must remain current at all times.
· 15 hour Prevention Training must be completed within 6 months of employment, and annually thereafter.
· Minimum of Associate Prevention Specialist (APS) credential must be obtained within 18 months of employment.
· Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training (SAPST) must be completed within 18 months of employment.
· At least one year experience in community social services.
Preferred Experience / Skills / Training:
· Certified Prevention Specialist (CPS) credential and prior substance abuse prevention training are preferred.
· Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC), preferred.
· Experience working with youth in school or community setting is preferred. (Substance abuse prevention specialist, social worker, teacher, youth pastor, counselor, etc.)
· Experience in public speaking is preferred, and prior curriculum implementation is a plus.
· Experience in multi-cultural environments is preferred and bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
As other duties arise they will be incorporated into this job description prior to formal insertion. It is expected that all employees shall take directives that are not specifically written herein within reason.
I, _____________________have read and understand the definition and scope of the job description outlined above. Signed______________________________________ Dated_______________
This company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship is “At‐Will”. The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.