Math Teacher (Middle School 22/23 SY)
- Posted: 15 days ago
- $38,625 to $51,500 Yearly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, dental,
Located at 2504 S 91st Ave Tolleson, AZ 85353
Nine Month, Full Time, Exempt Position
Reports directly to the Principal
2022-2023 School Year
Arizona State Retirement System, Year-Round Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Sick Leave Plan, Floating Holidays, & Life Insurance.
Plans, organizes, and implements appropriate instructional programs in an elementary or middle school learning environment guiding and encouraging students to develop and fulfill their academic potential as set by the standards of the State of Arizona.
- Provides the leadership and knowledge needed to plan for the learning of each student and for the development and implementation of the thematic units.
- The goal of the teacher is to ensure that all students meet or exceed standards for the grade level of the student set by the state of Arizona.
- Provide effective, innovative instruction.
- Collaborate with colleagues, parents, and community members.
- Supervise students visually and audibly during required duty times and assure the safety of all students in the school.
- Provide supervision of students during non-academic times (i.e. breaks, lunch, detention, etc. occasionally after school and/or other assignments).
- Model and enforce rules and provide an appropriate response to student misconduct in a safe and respectful manner. Provide documentation for student incidents.
- Develop curriculum design, support, and implementation in line with the vision of PLC Charter Schools.
- Plan, administer, and supervise academic programs tied to state standards for students.
- Incorporate Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs) into the general curriculum (when appropriate).
- Completion of Grade Cards, 45-Day Screenings, testing (state and district), and any other required report.
- Communicate with students, parents, advocates, and guardians as appropriate about student progress or lack thereof.
- Be knowledgeable of and implement PLC Charter School policies and procedures.
- Provide suggestions/input on the selection of instructional materials and resources.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and evening programs for the school.
- Be knowledgeable of Arizona State Standards and ensure said standards are maintained.
- All other duties as assigned by the Site Director.
- Must be able to function well in a TEAM environment.
- Must be able to implement effective instruction in small groups, large groups, and individual instruction environments.
- Bachelor's Degree, Arizona Teaching Certificate, and Structured English Immersion Endorsement.
- 3 years of teaching experience with evidence of growth and/or meeting AZ Standardized Testing state averages.
- Valid AZ IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card are required.
Care for Self Integrity-Honesty-Respect
Care for Others; Kindness-Dependability
Care for Community- Civic Responsibility
PLC Charter SchoolsWhy Work Here?
Great Kids! Great Environment! Great Opportunity!
PLC Charter Schools is tuition-free and committed to providing a learning environment rich in the arts, where students achieve academic and social excellence while solving real-life problems in a cooperative manner. We strive to teach all children the importance, value, and worth of: Care for Self Integrity-Honesty-Respect Care for Others; Kindness-Dependability Care for Community- Civic Responsibility
2504 S 91st Ave TollesonPhoenix, AZ