You will perform the necessary preventative maintenance and repairs to insure our fleet of concrete pumping assets (hydraulically driven concrete pump permanently mounted to Mack Truck) experiences high daily availability. Specifically, you will:
- Diagnose, adjust, repair, and overhaul heavy equipment.
- Ensure equipment is operation-ready for daily deployment.
- Repairs and replaces damaged or worn parts.
- Conditions (i.e., hardfaces) wear parts (both new and used parts) for extended life.
- Dismantles and resembles heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Operates and inspects machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Tests hydraulic, mechanical and electrical components and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance.
- Cleans, lubricates, and performs other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Reads and understands operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Monitors documented maintenance schedules and executes plan autonomously
- Overhauls and tests machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Diagnoses faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs.
- Examines parts for damage and excessive wear.
- Documents daily maintenance activities and conveys to supervisor for repair/maintenance log upkeep.
- Maintains shop in clean and orderly manner.
- During slack times, perform other duties as requested by direct supervisor.
- The above list encompasses key duties/responsibilities, but is not intended to be comprehensive of all duties/responsibilities, and other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Experience: minimum of 3 years of related experience with heavy trucks, with 5 years desired. Minimum of 1-year related experience with concrete pumps, with 3 years desired.
- CDL holder desired, willing to secure CDL if not current CDL holder
- Education: Associate degree or vocational school training desired
- ASE certification is desired
- Ability to troubleshoot issues effectively, quickly diagnosing root cause of performance issues
- Knowledgeable in equipment preventative maintenance practices and repair
- Knowledgeable in inspection and repair techniques for wear parts
- Experience in maintenance management of fleets desired, including creating, tracking and performing maintenance according to an established schedule.
- Practiced and knowledgeable in safe work practices
- Capable of deploying computer based diagnostic equipment
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
Position Type, Hours, and Schedule
- This is a full-time position, with a typical work week of 40-50 hours
- When needed to return out-of-service vehicles to service, work hours in excess of 40-50 hours will at times be required
- Duties will be performed predominately during the swing shift (daily start time 3pm) when equipment is idle.
- Work week is Monday through Friday, and alternating Saturdays.
- Position will be located at the Lithia Springs facility
- You will travel at times in a company vehicle, as needed, to maintain company assets at the Birmingham location.
- You will travel to work sites at times in a company vehicle, as needed, to return assets in the field to service.
- Travel expenses (hotel, per diem) will be paid when overnight stays are required to support the Birmingham operation.
PKS Concrete Pumping Services is a Drug Free Workplace
PKS Concrete Pumping Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
PKS Concrete Pumping ServicesPKS Concrete Pumping Services operates both boom and line pumps in the greater Atlanta and Birmingham areas. We will stand out in everything we do as the most Professional, Knowledgeable and Safe concrete pump company in our regions of operation. We are seeking a top notch heavy equipment mechanic and team player to be a part of our team, who will take initiative and feel personal pride in seeing his fleet leave the yard dependably every day.
Lithia Springs, GA