Project Engineer (Heavy Civil/Highway Construction)
- Expired: May 24, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Gulisek Construction has operated from Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania since its inception in 1965. Operating primarily in the Western Pennsylvania region, Gulisek is widely recognized in the heavy civil and highway construction industry, and as a member of the The Lindy Group, was selected as one of Pittsburgh's "Best Places to Work."
We are seeking a Project Engineer to join our Operations team. We value candidates that possess not only the technical skills to do the job, but more importantly a humble, positive and hard-working attitude, and personal values that mirror our company's core values: Safety, Quality, Integrity, Family, Community.
Provide technical engineering information to company supervision and crafts to insure construction work complies with all Contract Specifications and Documents. Provide overall management direction for a field project, two or more smaller projects, or a significant portion of a major project.
- Interpret design/drawings for crafts constructing work. Identify problems or discrepancies and report to supervisor or to superintendent for appropriate action.
- Research and recommend solutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors. Prepare field design change requisitions and "as built" drawings as required.
- Verify all completed work complies with applicable Contract Specifications and Documents.
- Prepare and/or disseminate all required project documentation records such as status reports, meeting minutes, submittals, punch lists, and sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc., to supervisor.
- May provide technical support and direction of project material control functions including implementation and operation of maintenance program.
- Present design discrepancies to Owner for resolution - prepare documentation (field design change requests, change of conditions notice, etc.) as required.
- Perform tasks required to develop and maintain budgets for a portion of a project. Includes coding timesheets and invoices, recording work completed, and monitoring cost code progress.
- Support supervision through preparation and maintenance of budgets and forecasts. Includes identifying potential cost overruns, re-forecasting, etc.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- May provide necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials.
- May provide supervision and/or on-the-job training to clerical and entry-level professional personnel assigned to area of responsibility.
- Coordinate and monitor company's safety program.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: four-year engineering degree or equivalent; experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management required. Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize performance. Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essentials. Must be a business-oriented person.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Covered Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
PJ Dick-Trumbull-Lindy Paving
AddressNew Galilee, PA
ConstructionView all jobs at PJ Dick-Trumbull-Lindy Paving