Foreman (Heavy Civil/Highway Construction)
- Posted: over a month ago
Take advantage of an opportunity to work for an industry leader and a company voted a "Best Places to Work!"
Trumbull Corporation has immediate openings for a Heavy Civil/Highway Foreman in the Central Pennsylvania region. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that is ranked among ENR's Top 100 Contractors and is recognized as a "best in class" leader in heavy civil and highway construction.
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of daily work for various construction trade crews and coordinate all efforts with the supervisors on the project site.
- Reviews estimate and understand costs and production, and schedules before starting a particular activity.
- Utilizes proper size crew and equipment based on estimate to achieve cost effective productions.
- Schedules materials in a timely fashion so as to not impact work activities.
- Participates in weekly look-ahead schedule meetings and utilizes this schedule as a tool to effectively complete work.
- Ensures quality of work meets all contractual specifications.
- Understands budgets and costs as estimated and utilizes this knowledge to construct project
- Understands contract drawings and specifications and utilizes these tools to construct project.
- Completes a work activity in its entirety prior to moving to another activity and keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Recognizes and documents additional extra work and notifies supervisor
- Properly cares for and utilizes company-owned equipment including pick-up trucks and small tools.
- Manages the use of outside rental equipment so as to minimize costs going outside of the company.
- Maintains and submits daily paperwork in an organized/timely fashion (i.e. timesheets, material tickets, truck tickets, force account information, daily diary, etc.).
- Works productively with other foreman and employees.
- Analyzes work activities for potential safety concerns (ie. Fall protection, manlift, excavation support).
- Utilizes and instructs all crew members on proper use of safety equipment (ie. hard hats, lanyards, etc.).
- Embraces Company Safety Program and participates in company sponsored training
- Conducts effective weekly TOOL BOX TALKs.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: High School Diploma or Equivalent. A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Foreman in the heavy/highway construction trades. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction required (technology, equipment, methods, craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations, engineering, cost control, schedules, and safety). Excellent communication, organizational, and supervisory skills essential.
We are an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Federal Contracting Employer: We encourage Covered Veterans, Minorities, Females, and Disabled Individuals to apply.
PJ Dick-Trumbull-Lindy Group
AddressState College, PA
ConstructionView all jobs at PJ Dick-Trumbull-Lindy Group