Title: Assistant Site Manager (Must be local to Macon, GA. Per Diem is not offered.)
Duration: Contract, 6 months
Location: Macon, GA
The Assistant Site Manager is responsible for directing the numerous work groups and coordinate requirements among owner, client, and contractors. The Assistant Site Manager reports to and supports the Site Construction Manager and will provide recommendations and advice to the staff in the preparation of budgets and setting performance goals for the construction of the manufacturing facility.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitors cost and schedule and advises solutions to non-compliances. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities concerned with the design, construction, and modification of equipment and machinery. Supports construction activities with technical information and ensures contract specifications.
• Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering project within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
• Establishes standards and policies for pollution control, installation, modification, quality control, testing, operating procedures, inspection, and maintenance of equipment, and oversees construction of manufacturing facility buildings
• Directs construction of plant buildings and coordinates requirements for new designs, surveys, and maintenance schedules for equipment and machinery.
• Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition.
• Assigns and oversees project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
• Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
• Prepares interim and completion project reports. Interfaces with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met. Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management.
• Develops and maintains a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering project. Provides reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedules accordingly.
• Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget. Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages.
• Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems. Directs integration of technical activities and products.
• Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
The successful candidate should be able to read and understand corporate programs, policies, procedures and instructions specific to the construction contract. Qualifications must include the following:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 3-5 years of related experience. Associates degree in Technical field AND 4 – 6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for exceptional candidates.
• Directly supervises multiple employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Broad understanding and knowledge of practical application of manufacturing facility permit to work systems.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
• Demonstrated planning capabilities and the skills to analyze and interpret data to make sound recommendations to management.
• Excellent communication, leadership, motivational and teamwork skills required.
• Excellent problem-solving skills to identify, analyze, and recommend solutions.
• Strong computer skills with word processing, spreadsheets, presentation and other business and technical software used to increase personal productivity.
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.