We are looking for a talented Web Designer to design and develop thoughtful, attractive, easy-to-use online experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design.
This is an important role at PHM. The right fit will take ownership of our web design projects by designing new features and websites. They will establish and promote good design guidelines from conception through launch. The Web Designer needs to be comfortable communicating design decisions and rationale internally.
This position also will support our fullstack development by coding up the responsive front-end of projects and tracking changes using Git. They will also help with integrating HTML/CSS/JS provided by our marketing partner and troubleshoot and fix common website HTML/CSS/image issues. We primarily work within the WooCommerce platform.
Above all else, we are a team, so assistance in solving problems will be provided to ensure you're successful in your role.
What We Are Looking For (Must haves)
- 2+ years of experience designing and launching consumer-facing web projects.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience: Illustrator, Photoshop, XD
- Front-end development experience: HTML/CSS and basic JS
- Demonstrable web design skills with a strong portfolio
- Proficiency using CSS frameworks and with CSS preprocessors
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, and graphic content
- Design experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant for both mobile & web
- An understanding of front-end web development best practices to create responsive, fast-loading websites
To Be Successful
Experience with the following is helpful, but not required for the initial hire. To be successful, you'll need to learn:
- Interactive prototyping with Adobe XD
- WooCommerce platform
- Ecommerce design pattern standards
- Photo best practices for the web
- Basic Git skills