PHM is seeking a motivated Plant Manager. This opportunity is ideal for someone who wants to find a long-term operations/management career with an established local company.
Our Plant Manager primary focus is on all day-to-day operations for the plant. Including but not limited to industrial hemp milling, packaging and warehouse operations, planning, manufacturing and maintenance – this position requires utilization of modern manufacturing practices to drive continuous improvement, world-class standards and “Best in Class” products.
The mill and production lines may run 24-hours a day, and employees in these positions will need to be available for operations support 24/7.
This Role reports to: 1700 E US Highway 12, Michigan City, Indiana 46360
Compensation Commensurate with Experience
RELOCATION BENEFIT AVAILABLE
- Manage grain, milling and production line operations, including food safety, plant quality, customer experience, employee and asset safety, operation efficiencies, plant security, plant environmental, cost savings, budgets, continuous improvement, and drive initiatives and innovation that generate new opportunities. As well as coaching and mentoring management team by utilizing lean manufacturing practices.
- Be a leader for our Plant Team and cross functionally throughout the company.
- Mandate adherence to all safety guidelines and work to provide a safe work environment for all employees
- Champion continuous improvement across all operational disciplines.
- Utilize LEAN, statistical and data-visualization tools.
- Manage daily and long-term production activities to meet or exceed budgeted quality, yield and operating cost targets by managing equipment efficiency and productivity
- Manage employees operating all machinery and systems for all shifts, ensuring sound practice in all plant disciplines.
- Manage the physical facilities, production equipment and all associated maintenance in accordance with best practices, statutory regulations and all Company policies and procedures
- Controls and coordinates all production operations over all shifts. Has authority to shut down operations if non-standard or unsafe conditions develop.
- Determines appropriate actions with respect to changing situations resulting from manpower or material changes and formulates appropriate action plans.
- Develop and mentor professional growth & advancement of department staff
- Create an empowered culture to ensure that organization and its people understand the goals and objectives of the business and that they have the resources and leadership support to accomplish them. Provide an environment which ensures and provides for open and healthy communications.
- Coordinates the work of several departments to insure prompt reaction by all concerned to such things as changing factory schedule, material performance, production delays, mechanical problems, customer needs and quality issues.
- Teams with Engineering and Technical Milling group to develop improved processes and/or materials
- Works closely with other plan leaders to develop all cost control and productivity objectives - maintaining necessary controls to insure that stated objective are met.
Skills & Experience
- Ideally, Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years relevant job experience (Or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years’ experience in plant operations
- Strong Leadership Behaviors
- Demonstrated Safety and Food Safety Champion Behaviors
- Grain Storage Management
- Food Manufacturing / Processing
- Strong Interpersonal Skills (communication, coaching, setting expectations, providing feedback)
- Demonstrated problem solving/decision making skills
- 5+ years warehouse and/or packaging plant operations
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and lead others to work as a team
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, word, excel, power point, access, etc.
- Demonstrated Lean Manufacturing Processes
- Demonstrated Continuous Improvement Processes
- Manufacturing and warehousing optimization processes
- Reliability Centered Maintenance leadership related to packaging equipment best practices
- Production department supervision
- Packaging experience in a food environment
- Demonstrated scheduling and process optimization for Bulk loading/unloading, warehouse and/or packaging operation
Our model is simple – we create partnerships that add value for our customers. Every day we deliver innovative, safe and consistent products to our customers. It is this opportunity that drives us as we focus on our 3 core values – Our People, Our Customer and Our Quality. We win when all 3 values are in focus, and if striving to be the best version of yourself by driving your projects and tasks each day with these 3 values at your core, you might have what it takes to be part of the PHM family.
PHM Brands, LLC
Why Work Here?PHM Brands is the parent company for a family of food and health companies. From wheat flour to oil supplements our business includes company owned manufacturing facilities and offices in multiple states throughout the USA. PHM Brands largely focuses on B2B with a small portion of the business focusing on direct to consumer sales. Our model is simple – we create partnerships that add value for our customers. Every day we deliver innovative, safe and consistent products to our customers. It is this opportunity that drives us as we focus on our 3 core values – Our People, Our Customer and Our Quality. We win when all 3 values are in focus, and if striving to be the best version of yourself by driving your projects and tasks each day with these 3 values at your core, you might have what it takes to be part of the PHM family.
Help a growth minded company help to feed the country...