- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
Phillips & Associates, the go-to law firm prosecuting employment discrimination suits for plaintiffs’ experiencing sexual and racial harassment, pregnancy discrimination, and disability discrimination on the job, is hiring an Associate. If you have a passion to fight for the civil rights of workers, Phillips & Associates provides an excellent opportunity to learn from top-notch litigators in the employment law field.
Phillips and Associates seeks an attorney with some civil litigation experience to work in a collegial environment in our New York City office. The Associate would primarily second chair work on cases and foster the firm’s efforts in prosecuting all manner of employment cases.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Legal Research and Analysis: Conduct thorough legal research to analyze statutes, regulations, case law, and other relevant legal authorities.
- Client Communication: Communicate with clients to gather information, provide updates on case progress, answer legal questions, and address concerns
- Draft legal documents such as pleadings, motions, federal and state complaints, and legal memoranda
- Case Management: Assist in managing caseloads, including organizing and maintaining case files, calendars, and deadlines.
- Depositions and Discovery: Prepare and conduct depositions, including questioning witnesses and gathering evidence. Assist with the discovery process, including drafting and responding to discovery requests and conducting document reviews.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of litigation or clerkship experience
- Demonstrated interest and skill in legal writing, research, and analysis
- An ability to speak clearly, effectively, and persuasively
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills, with careful attention to detail
- A demonstrated ability to perform well independently and with grace under pressure in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- A collaborative and collegial approach to work, and an ability and desire to work and learn in a team-based environment
- A commitment to advocating on behalf of those who have been deprived of their legal rights on the job
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time exempt position with competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills. Benefits include health, vision and dental, and an employer matching retirement contribution.
Phillips & Associates was selected as one of the “10 Best Employment & Labor Law Firms” in New York” by the American Institute of Legal Counsel. Additionally, many of our attorneys have achieved “best of” status in employment law. We only represent plaintiffs, not employers or management.
Phillips & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Phillips & Associates encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and recent writing sample to the Operations Manager, Vanessa Keys.
PHILLIPS & ASSOCIATES ATTORNEYS AT LAW PLLCGarden City, NY
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.