- Posted: over a month ago
Location: Aliquippa, PA
Join a fast-paced and energetic workplace where you can build a rewarding career!
With more than 40 years of transportation experience, PGT Trucking Inc. is a leader in flatbed shipping solutions with the best drivers, mechanics and office talent in the industry.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, there are a few things you should know:
- You will have PURPOSE. Transportation and logistics are critical to the economy, to commerce and to society; and every person working in the supply chain plays a vital role.
- You will GROW. Your job will expose you to areas outside of your comfort zone, like economics, mathematics, technology, international law and customer relations. PGT offers in-house training programs and supports education to evolve your role.
- You will be CHALLENGED. No two days are the same in the transportation industry, and the dynamic nature of the work makes for a challenging and fulfilling career.
Did we spark your interest? Read on and learn more about this role:
How YOU Will Make an Impact
- Analyzes available loads to prioritize coverage and to determine which loads will contribute to a driver's total revenue earned.
- Secures, organizes and assigns loads to drivers in manner designed to maximize efficiency and quality of performance. Gives appropriate routing directions and scheduling instructions for pick-ups and deliveries, as needed. Advises terminals and customer service of scheduling problems (pick-up and delivery).
- Attempts to maintain drivers in profitable and efficient lanes, thereby avoiding deadhead mileage.
- Instructs guides, supervises, motivates and evaluates drivers and driver trainees regarding the daily performance of their assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable Company policies and procedures. Makes recommendations to management with respect to driver's performance.
- Maintains and reviews total and per driver shipping revenues earned on a daily basis.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationship with other Company departments and employees, as well as all Company customers.
What YOU Need to Succeed
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates or Bachelors strongly preferred.
- 0-1 year of experience in Transportation.
- 1-2 years of management experience.
- Customer Service, Detailed Oriented, and Sense of Urgency Mentality
- Must have attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
The PGT Advantage
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Paid time off and holidays
- Company matched 401k
Let's put your expertise into action, because whether you are behind the scenes or behind the wheel, it takes a TEAM to keep America moving! We are PGT. Join us!
Equal Opportunity Employer
PGT Trucking Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
Aliquippa, PA • 15001 • Beaver County
PGT Trucking, Inc.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at PGT Trucking, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?