This is a remote position.
Freelance Medical Interpreters for on-site consecutive/simultaneous interpreting.
Serving the world and the local Metro Washington DC area community, Piedmont Global Language Solutions (PGLS) offers language services consisting of interpretation, translation, transcription, language instruction, cultural sensitivity training, and localization. Our network of language professionals provides expertise in more than 200 languages, including regional dialects.
PGLS is looking for freelance Medical Interpreters to provide on-site (OSI) language interpretation services from EN<>All Languages. (Spanish, Arabic, Armenian, BosniaN, Croatian, Cantonese, Swahili, Kirundi Kinyarwanda, Russian, Serbian, Dinka, Vietnamese, Korean, Dari, Pashto, Urdu, Farsi, Mandarin and ASL interpreters are strongly encouraged to apply.)
These are “1099” (Independent Contractor) positions with the interpretation to take place on-site (OSI)- In Person
• Serve as an Interpreter between a wide range of people with diverse voices, accents, speaking tempos and personalities.
• Provide parties with clear and exact interpretations of verbal communication with no additions or omissions.
• Provide interpretations of questions, answers, statements, arguments, explanations, and other forms of verbal communication.
• Render sight translations of documents and other written materials, as needed.
• Impart thought, purpose, spirit, emotions, and tone of speaker from source language into target language, and vice-versa.
• Inform relevant parties of any factor that may hinder your performance.
• Comply with applicable ethics and standards
- Hold a valid driver’s license, or any government-issued valid form of identification
- Ability to commute to assigned location
- Based in the Baltimore, MD area
- Access to a mobile phone
Interpreter MINIMUM qualifications (Medical settings):
• At least two (2) years of interpreting experience, paid or as a volunteer
• Two (2) relevant professional references that can vouch for candidate’s work as an interpreter OR one (1) relevant professional reference and one (1) relevant professional letter of recommendation
•Proficiency in English and target language.
•Be able to abide by Client’s specific and State mandated COVID regulations. PGLS supports several Federal Government clients and other contracts in which a COVID vaccination or exemption is required for U.S.
Medical Interpreter MINIMUM qualifications (medical settings):
- Certification as a medical interpreter from a 40-hour-program or equivalent, specifically for medical interpreting (i.e., CHIT Community, Bridging The Gap, Healthcare Interpreter Training)
• At least two (2) years of interpreting experience, professionally paid or as a volunteer, in a healthcare setting
• Two (2) relevant professional references that can vouch for candidate’s work as an interpreter OR one (1) relevant professional reference and one (1) relevant professional letter of recommendation.
Desired but not required:
- University degree in Interpretation
If available, interpreters should provide proof of:
• Test results from other organizations (testing centers, other LSPs, etc.).
How to apply:
• Please fill out our pre-screen questionnaire at this link and upload a fresh copy of your resume for consideration. Please attach any Interpreting/ Translation Certificates and/ or Diplomas that you hold.
• For questions or concerns, we can be reached at email@example.com