Requisition ID # 31625
Job Category : Customer Support / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Customer Care
Job Location : San Francisco
In Customer Care we are focused on delivering the desired customer experience for each of our customers. Everything we do starts with the customer and our information about the customer. That information is collected and managed by our Customer Experience Strategy group. Each of our organizations, though completely dependent upon each other, are the experts in their area and will further drive PG&Es alignment around the customer.
This is an International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject to collective bargaining. Note: As an Intermittent Service Representative, work hours depend on business needs and it is an on-call work schedule that requires flexible shifts that may not provide guaranteed work hours. Service Representatives are often the first contact a customer has with PG&E. Therefore, punctual attendance, professionalism, efficiency, accuracy and customer service skills are key to ensuring a positive interaction and impression with the customer. We work in a high impact, fast paced environment. The duties of this position may at times require the temporary change of headquarters. Employees are responsible for reporting to the temporary assignment location at the starting time established by the supervisor.
*This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
*To better represent the communities we serve, applicants who live within 50 miles of the work location listed will be given additional consideration.
- Attendance: Due to the structured of this position and various business needs of this position requires reliable attendance and mandatory overtime based on business needs.
- Customer Service Focus identifying the company and customer's needs are met by communicates/assists in person, by phone, and by computer to assist internal and external clients with customer inquiries, billing issues, service requests, and emergency orders; uses computer to research and analyze account information to satisfy customer and internal Company employee inquiries.
- Manages office supplies, in-coming and out-going mail, out-going correspondences, organization of office files and reports
- Must be clear and confident communicators who have ability to learn and effectively execute accurate business transactions; counts and opens/closes-out cash drawer, receives and handwrites receipts for cash, check, money orders, and cashiers check; opens, balances and prepares daily payments in accordance with cash handling procedures; uses computer to enter data pertaining to customer account identification, forms, and payments
- Locks and unlocks office; turns lights, office machinery on and off; arms and disarms security system according to PG&E's company procedures
- Attends and participates in required safety and general PG&E training; attends and participates in department and staff meetings, and other company meetings as required
- Driving on the job and interaction with customers in a safe manner and ability to report to other headquarters.
- May use personal car to attend meetings and training or back-fill staffing shortages in other offices; uses computer to compile and produce on-line report pertaining to vehicle mileage; fuels vehicle as necessary.
- Conducts and completes handwritten safety inspection reports; uses phone to call alarm company, performs alarm test of the front counter security systems, and documents results
- Work in a high-impact, fast-paced environment and able to successfully handle high-pressure situations while partnering with other PG&E departments and colleagues within team to resolve customer issues and ensure customer satisfaction with all inquiries.
- Ability to work in an environment subject to change based on business needs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work expe