Requisition ID # 31128
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Power Generation
Job Location : Auburn
PG&E's Power Generation Department manages and operates the largest privately-owned hydroelectric system in the nation. These renewable electric generation resources, located mostly at high elevation in California mountain ranges including the Sierra Nevada and southern Cascade mountains include 68 powerhouses, 184 miles of canals, 41 miles of flumes, 135 miles of tunnels, 19 miles of penstocks, 99 reservoirs, and 142,000 acres of watershed lands all covered by 26 operating licenses issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
This is an International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject to collective bargaining.
Duties will vary, but could include, loading, transporting and unloading of material, equipment and supplies. Operation of hand and power tools, and assisting apprentices and journeyman perform a variety of maintenance related activities to support mechanical and electrical maintenance, welding, plumbing, and machine work at hydro-electric facilities.
- Perform tasks assigned with safety as the foremost consideration
- Follow the direction of foreman, journeyman, apprentices and/or supervisor at all times
- Assist in performing mechanical, electrical, welding, plumbing and machine work on various equipment
- Load and unload equipment, material, job site debris and maintain housekeeping according to PG&E's safety standards and procedures
- Perform construction work in powerhouses and switch yards throughout the watershed.
- Use and maintain various hand and power tools and equipment
- Operate crane to remove deck plates; operate forklift or scissors lift to unload supplies and equipment; operate boom truck or truck crane to position equipment or machinery.
- Utilize work management system. Document accounting information by logging in, typing, and retrieving maintenance history on equipment and tools. Record daily diary and update maintenance log.
- Use phone or email to communicate with vendors to order parts, supplies, and materials. Contact warehouse personnel for orders and delivery of stocked items.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and safe condition; pick up scrap metal, worn parts, welding materials, and dispose as necessary. Clean off equipment and work area, using air hose, broom, vacuum and steam cleaner; clean trucks as needed. Stock incoming equipment.
- Drive one-ton utility bed trucks with 4-wheel drive to various jobs. Transport tools, equipment, and materials in truck bins.
- Drive safely on narrow mountain roads in all types of weather
- Must be able to read and comply with all required company standards and procedures