Requisition ID # 31684
Job Category : Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : Chico
PG&E's Gas T&D Construction Cross Bore Legacy Group is responsible for the safe installation of Distribution, Transmission, and Electric underground construction related to PG&Es Cross Bore Legacy procedure, across the Entire service territory. The group provides technical expertise, project management, quality assurance and quality control for all inspections, technical documents, records review and retention for Cross Bore legacy.
Seeking a Construction Specialist to support the Cross Bore Legacy group, performing onsite management for sewer camera inspections in the City of San Francisco. Assist with identifying, monitoring, and analyzing project performance issues and communicating project status to various stakeholders. Will be responsible for ensuring project execution while adhering to safety and regulatory compliance. Work is tracked and managed closely on a daily basis, regularly communicating with all lines of business at PG&E in addition to the sewer camera inspection crews.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in experience
- 5 + years experience related to budgets, scheduling and managing projects directly impacting construction start timelines and permitting restraints.
- Experience working knowledge of sewer, and septic systems
- Robust Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook****
- Experience with SAP
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to plan, implement, monitor, and report the status of projects
- Ability to work with functional areas to minimize risk, monitor performance, and develop strategies for cost and time efficiencies
- Demonstrated skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weakness of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to resolving problems
- Advanced level in communicating, presenting data analysis and make recommendations
- Advanced level in developing strategies needed to support the company and Department vision and to translate strategies into plans that others can comprehend and implement
- Provide timely status updates and take advantage of changing circumstances and resource availability
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance terminology, processes, and procedures as needed to perform at the job level
- Experience with process improvement
- Competency in anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Experience in gas pipeline operations
- Develop internal work procedures and initiate process improvements
- Work directly with managers, project managers, planners and other departments to achieve project objectives, and review and retain all documentation for project to proceed
- Liaison between various departments and cross functional teams
- Will be required to review and understand gas and electric construction drawings, GSRs, and As-built documents against cross bore documentation.
- Manage and report out on hundreds of inspection projects weekly.
- Research and data analysis; compile and prepare reports for upper management
- Support organization as a subject matter expert by providing information and direction to resources through various delivery channels
- Solves unique and complex problems for department and/or line of business that have companywide impact and risk, anticipating issues and developing innovative solutions
- Manages high complexity projects
- Provide direction and coaching to other team members.