General Ledger Accountant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT
Reports to: CONTROLLER
Date Last Modified: October 2022
Responsible for general ledger posting and reconciliation for assigned companies.
· Close all sub-ledgers to the general ledger monthly for assigned companies.
· Reconcile all balance sheet accounts monthly.
· Prepare complete reconciled summary statements with proper documentation accurately in a timely manner.
· Prepare required regulatory documents for review and approval as needed.
· Use general ledger information to provide accurate data for financial analysis as requested by the Controller.
· Maintain organized, complete, and accurate information as it relates to general ledger support.
· Research all exceptions or unusual reconciling items and report findings to the Controller as needed.
· Reconcile bank statements monthly.
· Remain familiar and compliant with all company policies and procedures in the performance of job duties and regarding individual activities and behaviors.
· Maintain acceptable attendance in accordance with company policies and departmental standards.
· Conduct self in a professional, courteous, respectful, and friendly manner at all times when interacting with coworkers, clients or vendors.
· Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent offsetting professional experience required. .
· 1-2 years of accounting experience required.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATION
· Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and accounting programs.
· Thorough, accurate and a strong attention to detail.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Flexibility and willingness to work extra hours during month-end close cycle.
· Ability to work independently and effectively.
· Strong analytical skills.
Typical Physical Demands:
· Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping. Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
2101 S KellyEdmond, OK
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh General Ledger jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.