PROJECT MANAGER, COMMERCIAL
As one of the region’s largest privately-owned real estate developers, Peterson Companies has been consistently delivering some of the area’s most exciting destinations for more than 50 years. With a portfolio that includes National Harbor, Downtown Silver Spring, Fair Lakes, and Fairfax Corner, we continually strive to enhance the local community. We develop vibrant properties, and entire neighborhoods, that bring people together.
The on-site Project Manager is responsible for managing design, permitting, budgeting and construction of assigned projects from feasibility through completion, including delivery to the customer and hand-off to Property Management. The Project Manager shall insure that these activities are executed in a professional, first-class manner, on time, and at a fair and reasonable cost. This position supervises and coordinates the activities of engineers, architects, contractors and other parties in support of the Property Management Team on a large government occupied campus. He or she must identify and respond to customer needs and requirements to insure project success.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of project management experience in operations, construction or facilities management
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, CAD drawings, and other schematics
- Good understanding of electrical and mechanical systems for commercial office buildings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess or be willing to seek and obtain a Top Secret security clearance, including full scope polygraph, and be a U.S Citizen
- Manage all construction related project work requested by the tenant or the property management team.
- Review all scopes of work and tenant renovation plans and collect comments from engineering and property management team as part of review process.
- Prepare RFPs and submit to multiple vendors for competitive proposals.
- Prepare all agreements and approval letters to the tenant and provide backup documentation.
- Prepare contracts for signature and create purchase orders for vendors.
- Manage the project tracking log spreadsheet and the tenant renovation tracking sheet. Provide regular updates to the property management team.
- Provide operational support to the property management team. Communicate with the team to go over job status, questions, invoices, new expenditures, etc.
- Manage the services of vendors to include architects, engineers, and consultants to prepare detailed and accurate construction documents.
- Communicate and coordinate schedules with the on-site team, building staff, and tenant as appropriate. Coordinate site access for contractors and arrange government monitors as required.
- Coordinate the permitting process, working closely with governmental agencies, permit consultants and utility companies for the timely approval of permits.
- Enforce property rules and regulations for all contractors, tenants and consultants.
- Insure that all work performed on property is done safely and with minimal disruption to the
- operations, specifically the Tenant.
- Act as the owner’s representative, coordinating between the engineering team, tenant representatives, and consultants.
- Inspect and sign off on the proper completion of all work including punch lists.
- Implement project close-out procedures to insure all warranties, as-built drawings, operation and maintenance manuals and other close-out documents are received, distributed and properly filed.
- Review and approve payments to vendors and billings to tenants
- Compile and maintain all relevant documents and drawings to be filed and maintain as appropriate.
- Carry a cell phone with TPC email for any after hour coordination issues that may arise.
- Assume other special activities or responsibilities as may be requested by the Property Managers.
PETERSON COMPANIESChantilly, VA
Get fresh PROJECT MANAGER, COMMERCIAL jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.