Linux Systems Administrator
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $75,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
As a leading provider of secure professional video, audio and USB products, PESA is a leading vendor for solutions that are present throughout the world with specific emphasis on the government and military sector. PESA is now entering the world of taking these media signals to IP with the benefit of hardened encryption compliant to current cyber security standards such as FIPS 140-2.
This position is critical for our success as we begin development for the next generation video control system for the exciting cryptographic system we are developing. This position is responsible for operating the lab in Huntsville, AL for several key remote developers. A thorough understanding of the Linux Operating System and #bash CLI is very important for the successful candidate. This position will also assist the CTO and Project Leader in various lab functions such as validation and test along with basic project management functions. This will be the only Video, Audio and USB system in the world that will utilize the highest known Government security standards.
PESA is seeking a Linux Systems Admin with 2-3 years of experience with a passion to assist our development team. This position is remote, but will require 1-2 month paid training in Huntsville, AL. Being a self-starter capable of working independently is a must.
- Work independently and in the Huntsville, AL lab and assist team members to meet product delivery goals.
- Be a member the development team that is developing a new Kubernetes control system. This position will be primarily to assist with various Linux machines and nodes to test and validate a number of given test units.
- Help arrange remote connections for all remote development staff.
- Provide expertise and best practices for test and validation for the main on-site lab.
- Assist Team Leaders with basic Project Management documentation.
- Assist Technical Document writers for proper technical information.
· Re-cable lab network when needed by developers.
· Write base Linux shell scripts or install scripts in appropriate areas of the Linux OS.
· Move equipment in and out of the Lab area as well as the IT room for purposes of the R&D group.
· Assist in all remote connections into and out of the Huntsville Lab as they relate to R&D functions.
· Power cycle and troubleshoot IT systems and subsystems as they relate to the R&D lab.
· Retrieve log files from a Linux device through the CLI interface.
- Must be well versed in the Linux Operating system, specifically Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04.
- Must have networking skills for configuration of Arista and Cisco network switch OS such as EOS and IOS.
· Must be familiar with both copper category cable and fiber optic cables and related SFP+/QSFP+/RJ45 optic pluggables.
· Must be familiar with Enterprise network CLI interface for Arista and Cisco switch fabric.
- Must be able to affect changes in the test lab to meet the test requirements of the development team.
- Self-starter capable of working independently.
- Good verbal and writing skills to effectively communicate lab results and lab activities.
- Experience with federal security requirements including FIPS 140-2.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with Project Management for MS Project or Libre Project.
- Interest and ability to learn new things.
- Prior experience such as Linux Systems Administrator, SysOps Engineer, DevOps, Test Engineer, Systems Engineer, Applications Engineer.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of climbing a ladder.
- Paid Training 1-2 months in Huntsville, AL
PESA Inc.Why Work Here?
Awesome company, great benefits and pay and room for growth
103 Quality CircleHuntsville, AL
TechnologyView all jobs at PESA Inc.