DUI/DV Licensed Independent Substance Abuse Counselor (LISAC)
PEOPLES HEALTH CARE CONNECTION LLC Tucson, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
To meet the needs of our clients with DUI charges, domestic violence charges, and other court-ordered service needs. This position is responsible to provide treatment that promotes client dignity, independence, individuality, strengths, privacy and choice while respecting cultural differences and demonstrating ethical behaviors. The DUI/DV instructor educates clients about the signs and symptoms of their behavioral disorders, teaches them strategies for controlling their impulses and improving their judgment, and trains them in how to prevent a recurrence or relapse with their behavioral problem.
- Licensed Independent Substance Abuse Counselor (LISAC)
- Knowledge and understanding of DUI/DV Impulse Control Disorders
- Experience in the delivery and supervision of substance abuse and or mental health services.
- Experience as a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Addiction Counselor, Substance Abuse Counselor.
- Thorough understanding of group dynamics and group process
- Excellent therapeutic and personal boundaries and ethics
- Ability to perform crisis intervention
- Excellent teaching skills
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, compassionate, and caring personality
- Has the ability to set appropriate limits with clients when necessary
- Master’s Degree in behavioral health or social science discipline required and must have a current LISAC license