Transit Systems Inspector
- Posted: 4 days ago
PEMCCO, Inc. is an Information Technology and Information Management (IT/IM) firm providing support to DoD, Federal, State, Local and commercial customers. We are currently seeking a Transit Systems Inspector to work on a team in the downtown Baltimore area along the Light Rail Corridor. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a solid knowledge of civil, electrical construction including track and systems, and good engineering judgment in providing oversight and inspection of engineering projects of similar importance, as well as be responsible for enforcing the Baltimore codes for projects in the Baltimore area.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
- Inspects train control signals, communications, and electrical systems per equipment manufacturer requirements, CPUC, FRA and Transit agency requirements
- Assist RE with review and respond to contractor requests for information
- Enforce compliance with the construction contract documents in accordance with Plans and Specifications in accordance with the governing agency
- Monitoring Construction in a transit / rail operating environment
- Observe contractor performance for compliance with project safety protocol
- Interact with construction contractors in performance of Quality Assurance inspections
- Experience working on Transit project involving third rail power
- Inspect and record track and systems in an active rail system
- Flexible to work nights, alternate shifts and weekends as allowed in active rail system
- Track construction progress and verify contractor payment quantities
- Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges.
- English language, written and verbal proficiency
- Construction techniques and good construction practices proficiency
- Research methods regarding systems and construction
- Computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, email and calendars
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Prioritize and complete projects/tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to create staff progress report
- Maintain a motor vehicle in good working order
- To travel locally to job sites as required
- Successfully complete and pass background check & drug screening
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company and client resources
- Conduct and adhere to company and workplace code of conduct and related policies and procedures
- Conduct and uphold workplace safety and ability to abide by company and workplace health, safety and drug / alcohol and harassment policies
- High school diploma, or its equivalent. Five+ (5+) years of experience in electrical and/or communications systems
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience on full-time employment in Transit and/or Highway Construction activities; Three (3) years performing duties related to the construction, maintenance, and/or inspection of track and/or rolling stock and associated systems and structures including electrical and communications systems
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
PEMCCO, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?