- Posted: 6 days ago
PEMCCO, Inc. is an Information Technology and Information Management (IT/IM) firm providing support to DoD, Federal, State, Local and commercial customers. We are seeking an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) / Electronics Technician at the Hampton Roads Harbor Tunnel location in Hampton, Virginia. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Qualified candidate will perform diagnosis, repair, fabrication, and maintenance of a variety of complex electronic, electromechanical and traffic control equipment such as instrumentation, telemetry, computers, video, fiber optics, security equipment, traffic signals and associated control equipment.
- Technical support work installing, repairing, maintaining, programming and modifying devices and equipment associated with Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), and other traffic control systems. This includes traffic signal controllers, fiber optics, wireless, twisted pair and IP over Ethernet communication technologies and networks.
- Maintain and troubleshoot communication, video and network transportation related electronic devices and equipment. Maintain and perform preventative maintenance of all ITS devices as required, including but not limited to dynamic/changeable message signs, closed circuit television cameras, SCADA devices; including PLC and HMI’s, Ethernet switches and other related devices.
- Assist Traffic System Technicians and Traffic Signal Technicians as required, perform related work as required.
- Ability to read and work from plans, schematics, and displays.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to troubleshoot and locate defective devices and make repairs.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment, fiber optics test equipment, hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Ability to climb communication towers to repair cameras and communication equipment.
- Ability to operate a variety of motor vehicles and trucks including platform or bucket trucks.
- Employees are subject to emergency call back during scheduled off-hours.
- On call status as necessary by VDOT
- Any other assigned duties by a supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Virginia Driver’s License in good standing.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Advanced Electronics, DOT Intelligent Transportation Systems or other closely related field.
- Proficient skills in using Microsoft Office software products (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to read and comprehend schematic diagrams
- 18 years of age or older
- Drug Screening
- Background Check
- Required VDOT/Industry Training
- 90-day probation period
- Potential for significant periods of sitting or standing
- May be subject to short or no-notice work assignments
- Monitored performance with routine evaluation
PEMCCO, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?